Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By blip
  • 4 Post By winchesterM69A
  • 1 Post By blip

Thread: The Mausers ugly flatmate

The Mausers ugly flatmate

Did a little thread on my Mauser 22 target rifle a week ago, Here's its ugly flatmate. Ill try and get a pic up when everything wants to play nice. This one is a Baikal/Vostok target rifle. it doesn't appear to have a model stamped on it any where same as the mauser so could be similar era. Its not the ugliest rifle I've seen but she's no beauty queen either, shes big clunky heavy the trigger isnt what youd expect from a target rifle but since I've owned it I've given it a polish so its greatly improved from what it was but far from what id expect from a target rifle. It is a fine shooter once you get a feel for the trigger I did a side by test with the mauser and this one out shot it. Ive put a knock off ziess on it and it shoots fine with it. It has a dovetail machined on the opposite rear part of the receiver to the bolt where I guess the rear target sight would of been mounted which I don't have for this one.

Name:  20230722_175627.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  2.64 MB
    Moa Hunter and paremata like this.

Banned
    I hate standing on my head...

Name:  baikal01.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  2.60 MB

cant you just flip the laptop over
    timattalon likes this.

My old man who shot competition indoor small bore in the 70's used a Vostok target but it was of a higher spec than that entry level model.Breifly a NZ rep trans Tasman with the Vostok so some level of precision.He eventually saved up enuff readies to purchase the Rolls Royce Anshutz but then not long after left the sport

the precision seems to be there its just your usual no frills agricultural russian firearm