Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
Like Tree831Likes

Thread: The model 7 in your life

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by caberslash View Post
    @GWH @gimp

Could you help me out and let me know what COAL's you are getting with your M7 .223's please?

Looking at one here but unsure what the standard floorplate will give since it is blocked at the back vs. a standard m7.

Considering an MDT chasis to run AICS mags but not seen many (if any!) of these even on the interweb.

Cheers!
    Just back from a couple of nights away hunting. Mine is the newer M7 with the block in the back of the mag, i can measure it up and let you know max OAL

GWH
    @GWH @gimp

Could you help me out and let me know what COAL's you are getting with your M7 .223's please?

Looking at one here but unsure what the standard floorplate will give since it is blocked at the back vs. a standard m7.

Considering an MDT chasis to run AICS mags but not seen many (if any!) of these even on the interweb.

Cheers!
    My M7 223 is a late model one, it has the spacer in the back of the mag, the bolt face does come back behind the space thou, so you could potentially play with removing th spacer to allow longer COAL (as long as the throat in your chamber allows a longer coal)

The max mag length with the spacer in the internal mag appears to be 2.34". Im running my loads at 2.280"
    caberslash likes this.

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Hunter View Post
    Anyone run a pic rail on their m7’s.
    I currently have the leupold 1 piece base and r8ngs with a 25mm tube scope but looking to run a vx5 on it and looking at the talleys.
    Would also like the option to put the vx5 back on another gun with a pic rail, not sure about the pic rail on the m7 blocking up the ejection port though
    No, but im after one if someone has one spare, im wanting to mount my Pard NV008 scope to my Bitsa M7 6.5Creed for an upcoming deer culling operation on private land, the owner has been hunting them hard in daylight and then with the spotlight once they became nocturnal, theres still lots of them coming out after dark but they are extremely light shy now, so two us us with NV will try to clean a few more up, mobs of 50 odd smashing his crops/grass every night.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Hunter View Post
    Anyone run a pic rail on their m7’s.
    I currently have the leupold 1 piece base and r8ngs with a 25mm tube scope but looking to run a vx5 on it and looking at the talleys.
    Would also like the option to put the vx5 back on another gun with a pic rail, not sure about the pic rail on the m7 blocking up the ejection port though
    Aye, you'll need to check if it's a three or four hole receiver.

Mine is a three hole, only managed to find EGW who made a 20MOA 3hole picatinny rail.

Special order from the USA, bit of a pain but got it eventually. Had to epoxy bed for full receiver contact, but all good since.

EGW is cut properly and allows you to load the internal mag easily, does not foul ejection in any way, however it does sit higher as a result.

I'd recommend that anyone loading a flooplate should learn to load it from the bottom. You can top up the mag with the bolt closed which is a huge advantage IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    No, but im after one if someone has one spare, im wanting to mount my Pard NV008 scope to my Bitsa M7 6.5Creed for an upcoming deer culling operation on private land, the owner has been hunting them hard in daylight and then with the spotlight once they became nocturnal, theres still lots of them coming out after dark but they are extremely light shy now, so two us us with NV will try to clean a few more up, mobs of 50 odd smashing his crops/grass every night.
    See above
    GWH and Mick Hunter like this.

How would one of these stack up against a Bergara extreme hunter?
    Pack out heavy

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Quote Originally Posted by paremata View Post
    How would one of these stack up against a Bergara extreme hunter?
    In terms of weight etc, factory stock it would be very similar. The Bergara has a standard Rem 700 sized action, so a little longer than M7. Berg has a much better bolt release, better selection of aftermarket parts too.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    GWH and paremata like this.

GWH
    Aye, you'll need to check if it's a three or four hole receiver.

Mine is a three hole, only managed to find EGW who made a 20MOA 3hole picatinny rail.

Special order from the USA, bit of a pain but got it eventually. Had to epoxy bed for full receiver contact, but all good since.

EGW is cut properly and allows you to load the internal mag easily, does not foul ejection in any way, however it does sit higher as a result.

I'd recommend that anyone loading a flooplate should learn to load it from the bottom. You can top up the mag with the bolt closed which is a huge advantage IMHO.

See above
    Does one of the rear two holes of a four hole M7 pic rail not line up with the single hole in the rear on a 3 hole action? Ie just mount the 4 hole rail with 3 screws?
    Micky Duck likes this.

I am pretty sure I used a 4 hole rail on a 3 hole action ages ago. EGWs specs seem to indicate that I possibly did 3.351" + 0.276" = 3.627"
    Name:  40200-01.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  87.1 KB
    Name:  40220-01_1.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  112.3 KB

The DMZ one piece mounts which I am using now fit both ...
    GWH, Mick Hunter and caberslash like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    I've got a 3 hole Weaver rail for a Mohawk 660 you can have - pretty sure they are the same pattern (even if you just want to check whether the 3 hole works on the newer receivers).
    Flick me a PM if you want it.
    GWH and caberslash like this.

Dragging this thread up for a bit of M7 love. New favourite bit of kit, the HS precision .308 that I liberated from @Kelton.
    Kept the barrel full length on this one, and glad I did. Balances perfectly with the lightweight barrel. Leupold vx3i 2.5-8 in extra low Talleys. Tuned the factory trigger, which is actually very good. 9 shots and zeroing and load development done. Never had it that easy!

Name:  3287F512-57AF-418F-AD78-70B8C151FF1E.jpeg
Views: 311
Size:  236.6 KB
    Tahr, ANTSMAN, Dreamer and 9 others like this.

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter_Nick View Post
    Dragging this thread up for a bit of M7 love. New favourite bit of kit, the HS precision .308 that I liberated from @Kelton.
    Kept the barrel full length on this one, and glad I did. Balances perfectly with the lightweight barrel. Leupold vx3i 2.5-8 in extra low Talleys. Tuned the factory trigger, which is actually very good. 9 shots and zeroing and load development done. Never had it that easy!

Attachment 201543
    Nice, gotta love that.
    Hunter_Nick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter_Nick View Post

Attachment 201543

It’s a honey alright il resume my model 7 build next year I’m thinking
    Hunter_Nick likes this.

Do it! Such a good configuration for hunting this country. I doubt there’s an animal or environment that you couldn’t hunt with one. Except scrub bulls- I’d want at least the .358 for that kind of nonsense.

Mine with its first kill a few months ago,
    7mm Saum, mcmillan, dpt, talleys, z6 and a triggertech. Shooting the amax 162s, has shot a few animals this year.

Only fits 2 in the mag for some reason, also tight to close bolt every now and then, apart from that it works and does the job

Name:  Screenshot_20220718-221747_Gallery.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  1.14 MB
    7mmsaum, muzr257, Tahr and 11 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Southerner223 View Post
    Mine with its first kill a few months ago,
    7mm Saum, mcmillan, dpt, talleys, z6 and a triggertech. Shooting the amax 162s, has shot a few animals this year.

Only fits 2 in the mag for some reason, also tight to close bolt every now and then, apart from that it works and does the job

Attachment 201709
    Lovely mate 2 in the mag sounds right for the short fats beautiful rifle in a great calibre .