Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jamesyd

Thread: Moving from a 10/22 to RPR 22LR

Moving from a 10/22 to RPR 22LR

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about it for a while and I think I'm about decided on selling my 10/22 Deluxe Sporter and moving to a Ruger Precision Rimfire in 22LR. I haven't actually fired the RPR 22LR however I have the 6.5cm version so it seems to make sense to have the smaller one in the same platform for cheap practice shooting. My 10/22 is used for pest control on the farm and plinking / practice at the moment, I don't see why I couldnt do all this with the RPR and maybe have a go at a few practical 22LR matches?

Does anyone with experience with the RPR have any feedback on this? - anyone interested in the swap themselves?
    Yes I understand that there are potentially better 22LR platforms however it is the RPR I am interested in - thanks.

I sold one for my hunting mate a while back
    he too had the RPR in 6.5creed and this was a trainer
    If you like your RPR you will probably like the 22 version
    Im not a fan of the RPR or the 22, not function wise but it does feel like a cheep 22 in an expensive stock

I do on the otherhand like my 1022 so I might just be wired opposite to you

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsol View Post
    Hey guys,

I've been thinking about it for a while and I think I'm about decided on selling my 10/22 Deluxe Sporter and moving to a Ruger Precision Rimfire in 22LR. I haven't actually fired the RPR 22LR however I have the 6.5cm version so it seems to make sense to have the smaller one in the same platform for cheap practice shooting. My 10/22 is used for pest control on the farm and plinking / practice at the moment, I don't see why I couldnt do all this with the RPR and maybe have a go at a few practical 22LR matches?

Does anyone with experience with the RPR have any feedback on this? - anyone interested in the swap themselves?
    Yes I understand that there are potentially better 22LR platforms however it is the RPR I am interested in - thanks.
    Hey, kinda keen to know how you went with this? I've been looking at getting a RPR for a while as well. Although I plan to keep the 10/22 for some of the rabbit cull trips I've done where we usually get 200+ a night

Haven't picked one up yet - went and handled one at Gun City bout a week ago to see how it felt - I was pretty happy with it.
    I think i'll need to off load my 10/22 or ideally find a swap.

Have spoken to quite a few people about it - seems to be mixed reviews on the RPR rimfire

I had one, regret selling it. Was extremely accurate, good weight to it, reliable, decent factory trigger. Used it for a bit of pest work, did the job perfectly, as long as you're careful to not scratch it up. The one negative I've heard(from American forums) is apparently some have inaccurate barrels. Mine clearly didn't, and the 4 other people i know with them haven't had any accuracy issues
    Shadowsol likes this.