Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Muzzle Breaks

T2 on my 7 Rem Mag. Great performance and looks good too.

Maisey’s brakes look ugly to my eye and from what I have seen they are not as effective. I’m not a fan of radial brakes either.

ebf
    @300wsm for life the diameter of you barrel at the muzzle will determine which thread spec is appropriate

Measure that and then talk to one of the brake suppliers or your gunsmith to get recommendations on what thread spec to go for.

And another vote for the terminator t2 !
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

T2 all the way, my quatromax is about to get the boot for another t2. No comparison

The terminator's are great. However I have had a number of customers fit the dpt brake and report back that they are also excellent .
    Friwi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    The terminator's are great. However I have had a number of customers fit the dpt brake and report back that they are also excellent .
    I went with a Maisey Tresamax (side ported) because I wanted to try the less aggressive 10 degree porting which should be quieter than the T2 (which I believe is 30 degrees?)
    I've only fired a few shots but its hard to imagine that a break could work much better, small percentages for possibly twice as much shooter experienced noise?
    But it would be great to compare side by side with the same rifle and load...for me its mostly about sight picture and I'm open to being proved wrong...

LRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    I went with a Maisey Tresamax (side ported) because I wanted to try the less aggressive 10 degree porting which should be quieter than the T2 (which I believe is 30 degrees?)
    I've only fired a few shots but its hard to imagine that a break could work much better, small percentages for possibly twice as much shooter experienced noise?
    But it would be great to compare side by side with the same rifle and load...for me its mostly about sight picture and I'm open to being proved wrong...
    There comes a point mate when it's all just rhetoric.
    And some people do like to write and talk a lot of dodgy 'science', known by some as BS.
    The only reason I bought a Megamax brake was that I could see it was going to be the easiest brake to modify/improve to work like I wanted it to.Name:  20190827_075227.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  4.10 MB

I have run the thread right through into the rear port, then opened up the rear port just a little to allow cleaning the muzzle crown without having to remove the brake.
    rupert, timattalon and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LRP View Post
    There comes a point mate when it's all just rhetoric.
    And some people do like to write and talk a lot of dodgy 'science', known by some as BS.
    The only reason I bought a Megamax brake was that I could see it was going to be the easiest brake to modify/improve to work like I wanted it to.

I have run the thread right through into the rear port, then opened up the rear port just a little to allow cleaning the muzzle crown without having to remove the brake.
    That is actually a relatively simple change, and seems to be a very good idea....
    LRP likes this.

T1 on my tikka 300WSM. Very effective for a tiny little brake. Don’t feel I need anything bigger.

@Tuckerbox how do you find the T1 with muzzle jump?

Quote Originally Posted by 300wsm for life View Post
    @Tuckerbox how do you find the T1 with muzzle jump?
    Fine. Good form helps too. But spotting shots is easy enough. I wanted to keep weight down and at half the weight (I’m pretty sure) of a T2 it looked like the right option. Looks clean as on there as well if that’s important to you.
    Name:  BFDEB277-20F9-4B0D-ABD7-9F3C77E06D1B.jpeg
Views: 227
Size:  106.5 KBName:  B1FF4CAD-29C8-4467-A7E6-215FB3F476BE.jpeg
Views: 187
Size:  140.6 KB

Cheers.