Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: My Rem 700 7mm SAUM

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin4570 View Post
    how do you get on without the zero stop? Has the turret ever moved on you unintentionally?
    two turn moa is zero stop man wait i thought he was running a vx5 haha
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

how do you get on without the zero stop? Has the turret ever moved on you unintentionally?
    I’ve left the zero stop in on the SAUM as 13.5moa (one turn) gets me to 590m which is plenty. My other Z5 that i’ve had a few years now and is currently on my 260 has it removed. Never been an issue. I have a note on my phone which tells me how many revolutions from the bottom my zero is just. incase I ever got lost on where it might be for some reason. Haven’t needed to resort to that yet though.

I’ve left the zero stop in on the SAUM as 13.5moa (one turn) gets me to 590m which is plenty. I got the two turn dial just for future proofing incase I did decide to remove it later.

My other Z5 that i’ve had a few years now and is currently on my 260 has it removed. Never been an issue. I have a note on my phone which tells me how many revolutions from the bottom my zero is just incase I ever got lost on where it might be for some reason. Haven’t needed to resort to that yet though.

Small update on this rifle. I have since swapped the centre feed mag box for a staggered mag box which I can now top feed. Got sick of having to flip the rifle and load rounds through the floor plate. Top staggered feed has been much better with the same 2.990” mag box length.

I was also finding my load wasn’t quite as consistent as i’d have liked. @Kelton got me onto using 210 primers instead of 215s and she is a bloody tac driver now! The VLDs were very fussy on seating depth with the 215s but since going 210s it just shot them well regardless of seating depth. I settled on 20 thou jump with the 210s and 168 VLDs with 63.6gr rel 26 at 2900fps.

Taken it’s fair share of animals now, of particular note it has taken a real liking to smashing bull tahr.