Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By steven
  • 1 Post By 300winmag
  • 4 Post By Proudkiwi
  • 4 Post By camo wsm
  • 1 Post By mikee
  • 2 Post By LJP

Thread: Mystery Shopper

Mystery Shopper

I am looking for feed back (dont have to mention names) on peoples experiences when asking shops about optics , As a distributor of Nightforce Optics we are expected to offer the optices through retail outlets thus the product has both a wholesale and retail margin where in the States they dont and sell directly to the public , We already sell other product directly to the public and it moves well for us as the price is generally cheaper and comparible to the US .
    Nightforce been a higher end product doesnt get stocked by the 'average' store and usually only get brought in with an order , To help decide where we go with Nightforce and its pricing i would like to ask for peoples experienses when looking for optics in your local.

1# do they offer Nightforce as a brand?
    2# If you ask for Nightforce do they get you a P&A?
    3# Do they try to sell you something else when you do ask?
    4#If Nightforce was sold direct to the public would you be happy buying without been able to handle it in the local?

Any feed back on your experiences would be appreciated.

PS I'm not trying to advertise just look for afew answers to some questions

Quote Originally Posted by Looseunit View Post
    I am looking for feed back (dont have to mention names) on peoples experiences when asking shops about optics , As a distributor of Nightforce Optics we are expected to offer the optices through retail outlets thus the product has both a wholesale and retail margin where in the States they dont and sell directly to the public , We already sell other product directly to the public and it moves well for us as the price is generally cheaper and comparible to the US .
    Nightforce been a higher end product doesnt get stocked by the 'average' store and usually only get brought in with an order , To help decide where we go with Nightforce and its pricing i would like to ask for peoples experienses when looking for optics in your local.

1# do they offer Nightforce as a brand?
    2# If you ask for Nightforce do they get you a P&A?
    3# Do they try to sell you something else when you do ask?
    4#If Nightforce was sold direct to the public would you be happy buying without been able to handle it in the local?

Any feed back on your experiences would be appreciated.

PS I'm not trying to advertise just look for afew answers to some questions
    1 = yes
    2= yes
    3= no
    4=yes
    Generally feel if your shopping for a Nightforce you no what you want, don't really consider being able two handle a scope important

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    1 = yes
    2= yes
    3= no
    4=yes
    Generally feel if your shopping for a Nightforce you no what you want, don't really consider being able two handle a scope important
    Thanks , Herny is one of the good guys :-)

never personally laying eyes on a night force it is important for me to see a scope in person but would probably deal with it and take a punt
    ill buy blindly with leupold but thats due to me having 6 or more of them

1-no
    2-what is a P&A
    3-no
    4-probably

1# do they offer Nightforce as a brand? I would think most will get one if you want it, be prepared for wallet pillage.
    2# If you ask for Nightforce do they get you a P&A? I would think so.
    3# Do they try to sell you something else when you do ask? dont care, by the time Im buying I know what I want, ie Ive narrowed it done to a few options.
    4#If Nightforce was sold direct to the public would you be happy buying without been able to handle it in the local? Yes, except from the USA gear is significantly cheaper, like 50%+ cheaper. So if Im mail ordering whether its NZ or US I wont care, which ever is cheapest, good luck more competition cant be bad.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    never personally laying eyes on a night force it is important for me to see a scope in person but would probably deal with it and take a punt
    ill buy blindly with leupold but thats due to me having 6 or more of them

1-no
    2-what is a P&A
    3-no
    4-probably
    price and availability.
    PERRISCICABA likes this.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

To put the cat amongst the pigeons, I have 3 Nightforce scopes and if I was to buy another one it would be direct from the US. It's how I bought 2 of them and saved a bundle.
    steven likes this.

Im seriously impressed that you guys are looking into this.

1. I have yet to see a NF in any retail shop as a stock item. Particularily the NSX range or above. I expect there will probably be a few of the SHV's around though.
    2. See answer 3.
    3. Funnily enough I did overhear a conversation less than a month ago when another punter asked about an NSX. The shop monkey stated "you dont want one of them, the (I think) ziess conquest has much better glass......."
    4. Just because a scope isint held in store doesnt mean you wont be able to get your hands on one to look at. There are shitloads of them in circulation. Also, the answers you get to this question on this forum are likely to be out of skew with the general population as most of us will know what we want well before we walk into a shop.

The more I think about it the more I reckon you should go direct with the NSX, ATACR and BEAST and go via retail for the SHV. It seems a better fit.
    mikee, camo wsm, BRADS and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Im seriously impressed that you guys are looking into this.

1. I have yet to see a NF in any retail shop as a stock item. Particularily the NSX range or above. I expect there will probably be a few of the SHV's around though.
    2. See answer 3.
    3. Funnily enough I did overhear a conversation less than a month ago when another punter asked about an NSX. The shop monkey stated "you dont want one of them, the (I think) ziess conquest has much better glass......."
    4. Just because a scope isint held in store doesnt mean you wont be able to get your hands on one to look at. There are shitloads of them in circulation. Also, the answers you get to this question on this forum are likely to be out of skew with the general population as most of us will know what we want well before we walk into a shop.

The more I think about it the more I reckon you should go direct with the NSX, ATACR and BEAST and go via retail for the SHV. It seems a better fit.
    Thanks Kiwi your thinking along similar lines as us

This seems like a step in the right direction especially like the idea of comparable prices with the US as I would rather
    support a NZ business if pricing is close.

1 Yes
    2 Yes
    3 No (I wouldn't listen anyway )
    4 Yes
    veitnamcam, mikee, steven and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by camo wsm View Post
    This seems like a step in the right direction especially like the idea of comparable prices with the US as I would rather
    support a NZ business if pricing is close.

1 Yes
    2 Yes
    3 No (I wouldn't listen anyway )
    4 Yes
    Brought mine locally (NSX 5.5-22) , could have imported but god forbid it should ever fail I prefer local support (rather than the old "Ship it back to the USA routine) and

I like to support local as long as I don't feel violated when they have finished with my wallet.

By the time freight, GST, customs fees etc were added it was no enough of a saving to assume the warrenty risk myself.

Both places gave me a price ASAP. Both very very sharp

So if I ever need it the local support better be good.
    steven likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

1 yes
    2 yes
    3 no
    3 yes

As stated above, generally, if you are looking for a Nightforce, you already know what you want. I bought mine without handling just on reputation alone. Great to see some competition. I do need a second Nightforce. .

LJP
    1# Yes
    2# Yes
    3# Yes but I'd go elsewhere if this happened. Several times I have walked in with the cash ready to purchase something specific
    only to have the salesperson tell me "that's not what I want" Needless to say don't shop there anymore!
    4# Yes
    mikee and steven like this.