Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: NEA.

LRBHO not working could be a mag issue too. The low capacity mags we have to use aren't exactly quality

take it out of the Nea put it in the RRA. mag works fine, put it back in the Nea mag follower slips past.

even on the best mag in the bunch and together we have a pile of them, the catch is only by a 1mm which will it will remove over time.
    all work in the RRA most fail in the NEA, small fault hopfully easy fix

funny to watch the flinch that happens at the end of each mag when the rifle dosent go off

Gimps , part right , most piston ARs I would avoid , as they are maybe not that well designed or tested ( becuase a lot are my small companies ) , However , I would have NO problems using HKs 416 or 417 ARs , as I would think they are better designed and tested , as a lot of countries use either or both models , and I would hope they do a little trialling before adopting a rifle , that tends to make me believe they are OK .

Later Chris

realistically it wouldnt matter that much if you did have an ar15 that fails, its not like our lives depend on them like the soldiers do.

if the piston system fails when you are on a hunt you can still manually load each round.
    then contact the manufacturer and get parts sent out

its a little different when the teliban is running at ya
    Savage1 likes this.

i have worked a few triggers and took a winham from 8.5lb, to 4 lb with the 3 or 4mm of creap taken out. took all of 20 mins of pissing about, $400 triggers would want to be bloody good.
    i also recut a cja's crown that looked like it was done by a chinese 8yo with a dremmel. i test shot it and it fired a 5 shot group you could cover with your fingernail.
    i personaly think the entire concept is a bloody accurate, reliable configuration. regardless of the few problems that do pop up.
    greg

"apparently" working the triggers by grinding bits off is a bad idea as they're only surface hardened or something and wear out quickly

Quote Originally Posted by greghud View Post
    i have worked a few triggers and took a winham from 8.5lb, to 4 lb with the 3 or 4mm of creap taken out. took all of 20 mins of pissing about, $400 triggers would want to be bloody good.
    i also recut a cja's crown that looked like it was done by a chinese 8yo with a dremmel. i test shot it and it fired a 5 shot group you could cover with your fingernail.
    i personaly think the entire concept is a bloody accurate, reliable configuration. regardless of the few problems that do pop up.
    greg
    Did you re-harden the engagement surfaces?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    realistically it wouldnt matter that much if you did have an ar15 that fails, its not like our lives depend on them like the soldiers do.

if the piston system fails when you are on a hunt you can still manually load each round.
    then contact the manufacturer and get parts sent out

its a little different when the teliban is running at ya
    Do you not realise how contradictory it is that you're saying that reliability doesn't matter, while advocating a system which only exists because of perceived greater reliability?

Things breaking is inconvenient, waiting for parts is a pain, especially with import/export restrictions.

In other news, I had a quick play with an NEA today

Good:
    -Barrel finish is nice
    -Upper/lower fit is nice- no rattle.
    -Proper M16 carrier

Bad:
    -Metal finish on upper/lower is hilariously bad, anodising seems thin/fragile
    -Handguard is nasssty
    -lol Trigger (being fixed, I know)
    -World's worst grip
    -Gas key really poorly staked (despite being "Properly staked gas key")
    -Cheap looking parts - mould lines on charging handle etc

Couple of random photos:

Still better than a Norinco. Quite a heavy contour barrel. Takedown pins very tight.

Thanks for the honest opinion.
    I had a first look at at a Wyndham and a Guncity AR today. The Chinese gun was sloppy and trigger was a shocker - finish looked like spray paint. The Wyndham wasnt quite as sloppy as the Chinese gun, had a nice trigger but the finish wasnt upto the same standard as the latest generation NEA's ie not as tight. The Chinese was same price as the NEA and the Wyndham was a few hundred more. I left feeling that the NEA was definately the best value by far out of the three. The NEA's are now fitted with Ergo grip although some customers are still requesting the UTG grip.

I realise we can't expect a top tier rifle at the bottom price point. NEA is definitely the best I've seen of the bargain priced ARs.

We hope to be changing the bargain price point again soon.

Troy rails now in stock - arriving tommorow!

I fitted mine today! They're very nice. Definitely a great upgrade.

It still makes me laugh a little with how people buy an assault rifle expecting a piece of art.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Do you not realise how contradictory it is that you're saying that reliability doesn't matter, while advocating a system which only exists because of perceived greater reliability?

Things breaking is inconvenient, waiting for parts is a pain, especially with import/export restrictions.
    not really, Im just exploring the idea.