Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Bipod

Just tested it , its no problem , wether you want to fold them back or forward , with the can on , does not come close to touching .

northdude
    looks cool having the rifle under the pivot point would make it quite steady

Yes ,

As instead of being teetering on top of the bipod and more prone to falling over on un-even ground , this has the rifle hanging down below the pivot point , like a plum bob .

Just heard another maker is bringing out a low C of G type bipod , be interesting to see what it looks like .

You know who made a "low hanging" bipod for their TRG whic people liked.

But surely the stability would depend on:
    Distance between the feet vs height of rifle CoG above the ground.

Also the tightness which would likely be better metal to metal on a 19mm picatinny rail than via a little sling swivel and flexi padded cup Harris style.
    And then construction, weight, flexibility of the legs and joints (Harris falls down there a bit)

Now, what is the advantage of setting the hinges a couple of cm out from the barrel like on this 'pod and the TRG ?
    Perhaps having the legs more vertical makes them flex less.

Anyway, I suggest a lot of the extra stability might be visual rather than mechanical.

Thinking about obscuring the scope, you can just measure the height of the bipod attachment above your bore line and compare to the bottom of your scope objective. If it is above the bottom of the scope then it is obscuring some of the light from the target (you pay money and weight for a bigger objective to draw in more light) and if you can't see the bipod mount its just because it's out of focus. Same goes for a fat suppressor.

Thanks for posting the photos, Chris. A good effort and interesting bit of gear.

I have mounted the Phoenix on a AI AX338 ( 5-25x ) & a Ruger RPR ( 4-16x ) , and on both of those no hint of scope shadow .
    I am hoping the new bipod will be somethink more like trigger50s original design , a bit more like the revolution from the USA .
    As to obscuring , its not that big , and I hope the new model is different & lower , I would design it so it does not have any part of the bipod above the rail at all , and legs place in line with the bore axis .
    Thats what Im hoping for anyway .

The pendular bipod is not new , as some old machine guns used it.
    This one is an adaptation of the 90's:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 215
Size:  38.6 KB

And that one from the 80's:
Views: 222
Size:  21.4 KB
    Those legs look very French any way:
Views: 207
Size:  15.0 KB
    They were from the 70's!:-)

Yeap , the Russian WWII DP LMG had one , looking forward to seeing what the new one looks like its from a firearms maker , lets see if they design a good one ?