Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 3 Post By Kelton
  • 4 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 4 Post By Joe_90
  • 1 Post By STC

Thread: The new howa carbon?

The new howa carbon?

Anyone handled one? How was it and how have they got it so lite.
    Also do they come in a stainless version?

Handled one a while ago, its crazy lite. The barrel is fairly skinny, I think 22" long, from what Ive been told, they shaved some weight of the bolt and used carbon stocks.

It was so light I could not belief that its in actual fact a 308 Win. It should be a joy to carry up the hills.

It's like a Rem 7 version of the 700 I.e. a slimmed and shortened Howa 1500 in a CF stock. Should work fine if it's super light weight you value over everything else. Myself, I still prefer some of the "else". But that based solely on handling one a few times in the LGS.

I've got one. As mentioned it's crazy light, mine is the 16" 308 version. They are cerakoted by the NZ importer (they are blued in overseas markets) the action is a slimmed down and shortened howa 1500, hollow bolt knob and slimmer bolt, light profile barrel, carbon stock. Mine weighed 2.65kg with dpt and an old swaro 3-9x36 on it. I've just changed that out for a Leupold 2-7 so it will be even lighter now.
    Of note is that Talleys are not available in nz for them yet, I have modified a set of normal Howa 1500 talleys for mine as I can't live with a rail on a rifle.
    Moa Hunter and TimC like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    I've got one. As mentioned it's crazy light, mine is the 16" 308 version. They are cerakoted by the NZ importer (they are blued in overseas markets) the action is a slimmed down and shortened howa 1500, hollow bolt knob and slimmer bolt, light profile barrel, carbon stock. Mine weighed 2.65kg with dpt and an old swaro 3-9x36 on it. I've just changed that out for a Leupold 2-7 so it will be even lighter now.
    Of note is that Talleys are not available in nz for them yet, I have modified a set of normal Howa 1500 talleys for mine as I can't live with a rail on a rifle.
    Lifes not worth living with rails on hunting rifles

Name:  20230721_220452.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  2.93 MB
    Name:  20230721_220610.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  2.99 MB
    Name:  20230719_145232.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  2.34 MB

Shoots the federal Bluebox OK, sighted it in with 2 shots then shot that group. I'm thinking of knocking the barrel back another 1.5" to get the suppressor right up against the stock, remove a baffle and replace the first one with a stainless baffle.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post

Shoots the federal Bluebox OK, sighted it in with 2 shots then shot that group. I'm thinking of knocking the barrel back another 1.5" to get the suppressor right up against the stock, remove a baffle and replace the first one with a stainless baffle.
    After thats done it'll go on the market to be sold?
    Every machine is a smoke machine,
    If you use it wrong enough.

STC
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    After thats done it'll go on the market to be sold?
    I think thats the main reason why some people own firearms... And fair enough, there are far sillier things to do with ones time.
    Joe_90 likes this.