Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: New set of binos

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    OK Gibo, explain that last bit please. How do binos halve the distance from your quarry to your eye?
    Light from objective to your eye.

How would that affect light transmission though? I would think the magnification and number of lenses/surfaces the light passes through is the main factor.
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Light from objective to your eye.
    Irrelevant as it will gain that in the distance from the quarry to the objective. What would matter more is the distance through glass and with most binos being fixed magnification that may be less than a variable power scope. Conversely with the shorter length with the binos the lenses will need to be thicker in order to bend the light more and it also has to go through a prism. I think the fact that both eyes are receiving light from the binos and that your brain can do some amazing processing to overlay the images would produce the different result.
    GravelBen likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

You could all be right, I simply made it up as I went Makes sense to me though and that's what matters aye Less distance for light to travel to eye? Until I'm proven otherwise i'll stick to it

You could all be right, I simply made it up as I went Makes sense to me though and that's what matters aye Less distance for light to travel to eye? Until I'm proven otherwise i'll stick to it
    Gibo, I think you have found a teleporting device in your mind.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Gibo, I think you have found a teleporting device in your mind.
    That's not proof I'm wrong - that's just mean!

OK upon researching I believe I was wrong........seems due to using two eyes you will almost always see better than one Gadget you are the boss!!
    GravelBen and PERRISCICABA like this.

OK upon researching I believe I was wrong........seems due to using two eyes you will almost always see better than one Gadget you are the boss!!
    Bugger it Gibo. I was hoping you were right and had discovered a teleporting device. Would be bloody handy for the carry out.
    Gibo likes this.

So you need two eyes to get the benefit... I guess there is no point in chiefs supporters having binos then?

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    So you need two eyes to get the benefit... I guess there is no point in chiefs supporters having binos then?
    Two I's is one thing, when you start adding two or more R's that's when things get weird
    GravelBen likes this.

Two I's is one thing, when you start adding two or more R's that's when things get weird
    That would be a worry.