Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sjjs

Thread: Night vision scope

Night vision scope

What are your opinions re, Night vision or thermal. I bought a pulsar axion xm30s hand held and find it great for finding the pigs. Then use rifle with torch mounted on top of the scope. The problem is if there is any grass or foliage in between you and the pigs when you turn the light on all you can see is grass and shit no pig. It has happened quite a few times and pisses me off. So back to the question. Who uses a digital night vision scope and what's your opinions. I don't like the idea of using a thermal scope because of not seeing stuff in between me and the heat source plus they seam bloody expensive too. And yes on privately owned property with permission granted by the wife.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Yeah you pretty much answered your own question. The night vision is good with decent moonlight otherwise you need the ir torch and you will get the same issue you do with your spotlight. Thermals are coming in down in price all the time there are quite a few manufacturers now and competition is a good thing. The hikmicro panther pq50l is the top of my list at the moment. Have a look on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link.Was good reading and quite helpful . Has anyone on here seen, played with or owns a pulsar digex c50 ?