Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Nx8 - now available F2

I bothered to read it and didn't get a whiff of BS. I had an ATACR lemon that got repaired....shit happens even with the best of them.
    Dreamer likes this.

Seems like he tried and NF didnt.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikka7mm08 View Post
    I bothered to read it and didn't get a whiff of BS. I had an ATACR lemon that got repaired....shit happens even with the best of them.
    Yep, I’ve had a nightforce with debris inside it, and a schmidt and bender with internal condensation. Both replaced with new scopes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the fact the scopes "poked" and been back that often with no damage or problems found...... returned 3 times? thats not a little blow out
    Addicted to gun powder

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    "got repaired" that post states no repair/no problem....
    Addicted to gun powder

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    That's not a good reason for anyone to go to sfp as you have issues!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Ha ha Andy, you know I have issues!
    Still a staunch NF supporter though and happy enough with my FFP but also very comfortable with all my SFP Nightforce gear. Horses for courses I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by robh500 View Post
    Ha ha Andy, you know I have issues!
    Still a staunch NF supporter though and happy enough with my FFP but also very comfortable with all my SFP Nightforce gear. Horses for courses I guess.
    Yep I'm staying nightforce strong that's for sure!

tikka likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

The customer service failure and refusal to put right a proven defect as described in that thread is not limited to NF amongst high-end scope manufacturers, and the issues that OP had with being banned on LRH is also not limited to that site.

I had a similar experience and was told by the moderators here that I could not post the details.

I was fortunate in that the NZ distributor for the product eventually took it upon themselves to replace the product to my complete satisfaction and wear the full cost without the support of the manufacturer who remained intractable.

Still, this puts me off buying new NF regardless of how good the NX-8 might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post

I'd still buy the NX8, at least you get the satisfaction of knowing your supporting Kiwi businesses by paying 50% more than they do in the USA and you may get shafted by the manufacturer.
    Sounds like a win win to me.....
    kiwijames and takbok like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    I'd still buy the NX8, at least you get the satisfaction of knowing your supporting Kiwi businesses by paying 50% more than they do in the USA and you may get shafted by the manufacturer.
    Sounds like a win win to me.....
    There are always three sides to every story.
    Give hardy a ring and discuss with him your feelings on price as I have and they are trying to get a better deal going.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    The customer service failure and refusal to put right a proven defect as described in that thread is not limited to NF amongst high-end scope manufacturers, and the issues that OP had with being banned on LRH is also not limited to that site.

I had a similar experience and was told by the moderators here that I could not post the details.

I was fortunate in that the NZ distributor for the product eventually took it upon themselves to replace the product to my complete satisfaction and wear the full cost without the support of the manufacturer who remained intractable.

Forums shutting down threads speaking to faults is not a good look. If it comes from the forum that's one thing but if its the manufacturer using advertising as leverage that's another. It raises the obvious question of how many faults are Brands actually producing ? Iv been looking at the NX8 and the direct comparison with a March. In the US the NF is cheaper by some margin but it seem here the March is the cheaper option.The March also smaller, lighter, has more internal adjustment, subjectively similar or better glass. Given March have been out for a decade or more Im wondering what the NX8 is offering for the extra money. I will be trying to get one for a decent look.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Having had both ATACR and March ED...I have the March ED now (2.5-25x52). March are worth a look but that MOAR reticle from NF and the quality of glass were outstanding. The NX8 would be well worth a look I reckon with 8x range.

Having had both ATACR and March ED...I have the March ED now (2.5-25x52). March are worth a look but that MOAR reticle from NF and the quality of glass were outstanding. The NX8 would be well worth a look I reckon with 8x range.
    I have a couple of March, one I bought back in 2008-9. Still haven't found anything that would do the job better but always looking. Most reviews seem to put the Nx 8 a level below the ATCAR but glass and reticles are always subjective so getting hold of one is really the only way to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    I have a couple of March, one I bought back in 2008-9. Still haven't found anything that would do the job better but always looking. Most reviews seem to put the Nx 8 a level below the ATCAR but glass and reticles are always subjective so getting hold of one is really the only way to tell.
    The nx8 and atacr are the same glass quality.

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    The nx8 and atacr are the same glass quality.

Yes but as I understand it the compromises of squeezing that glass into the more compact NX 8 design result in a degradation of image quality.