Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Objecting to Gun Confiscation

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    Why is this in Firearms , Optics and Accessories .
    There is a whole forum section devoted to the stupidity that is being forced upon us , why have this here .
    I have recently started just viewing the forum logged out so that the politics , frustration and stupidity of our situation doesn’t
    Intrude into my enjoyment of this forum and the reason I come here .
    Over the last months I realise my viewing here has turned into nothing more than a type of newsfeed addiction trying to keep up with what is happening and actual shooting and hunting has taken a second place .
    I have really enjoyed viewing the forum without the turmoil of the ( firearm new laws section)
    Please don’t bring it here and spoil my tranquility
    You do not go to a forum for tranquility, you go out there.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    Why is this in Firearms , Optics and Accessories .
    There is a whole forum section devoted to the stupidity that is being forced upon us , why have this here .
    I have recently started just viewing the forum logged out so that the politics , frustration and stupidity of our situation doesn’t
    Intrude into my enjoyment of this forum and the reason I come here .
    Over the last months I realise my viewing here has turned into nothing more than a type of newsfeed addiction trying to keep up with what is happening and actual shooting and hunting has taken a second place .
    I have really enjoyed viewing the forum without the turmoil of the ( firearm new laws section)
    Please don’t bring it here and spoil my tranquility
    Im with you. Rather all the conspiracy theory bullshitters and their dribble stayed in there and didn't leak beyond it. This thread is not in that group but its a precedent. Keep this forum about guns.

Sorry, hey everyone, we've accidentally strayed into the angry old man's garden, run!

Sorry, hey everyone, we've accidentally strayed into the angry old man's garden, run! Sorry Mister!

A Better Lover Than A Shooter Ultimitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    And if the legislation is un-just?
    You vote in a government that is willing to repeal it. That is how the English democracy works.
    Tahr and Blisters like this.

A Better Lover Than A Shooter Ultimitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    If you consider that the ongoing saga and gun confiscation amounts to justice, then I believe you have twisted view of things to say the least
    What I think - as to what is amounts to justice or what does not - is completely irrelevant.

The law is in, there is a government process to effectuate that law. If you do something or conspire to do something to obstruct, prevent, pervert, or defeat that process - which is in the eye of the government the course of justice, then you run the risk of offending this section.

There is a risk, I only give you some advice. the decision is entirely up to you.
    Tahr, ebf and Blisters like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimitsu View Post
    What I think - as to what is amounts to justice or what does not - is completely irrelevant.

The law is in, there is a government process to effectuate that law. If you do something or conspire to do something to obstruct, prevent, pervert, or defeat that process - which is in the eye of the government the course of justice, then you run the risk of offending this section.

There is a risk, I only give you some advice. the decision is entirely up to you.
    That sounds like a really well thought out excuse to sit on your ass(no offence).
    I think I'll take my chances gracefully swan-diving into this Orwellian cesspool of shit.
    muaythai, Cordite and outlander like this.
    "An experienced shooter of limited skill and dangerous enthusiasm." -Hitman: Blood Money newspaper

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    The Waimarama Hall sent me this:
    Waimarama Hall <waimarama.hall@gmail.com>
    Fri 5/07/2019 9:19 PM
    Hello David. I have no idea what you are talking about. We run a general store and our business has nothing to do with the Waimarama Hall.

Please re direct your emails to the correct place.

Thank you.

Otherwise I got two bounce back and am awaiting the flood of apologetic emails proclaiming how wrong they were!
    Copy that. Thank you.
    "An experienced shooter of limited skill and dangerous enthusiasm." -Hitman: Blood Money newspaper

You vote in a government that is willing to repeal it. That is how the English democracy works.
    How about the NZ democracy? The ball has been dropped, wouldn't you agree?
    Steve123, omegaspeedy and Cordite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwigunguy View Post
    That sounds like a really well thought out excuse to sit on your ass(no offence).
    I think I'll take my chances gracefully swan-diving into this Orwellian cesspool of shit.
    Aaah...the word 'graceful'. Makes it all seem worthwhile somehow.
    Cordite likes this.

Hmm, not sure if minimal cooperation (not non-cooperation) with government initiatives can be perceived as perverting/obstructing/defeating the course of justice. There are two perfectly legal options to ask them to come to your house and collect, or to make an appointment at the police station to do the same.

No-one is saying "bury the guns" etc (which I agree would be an entirely different matter). But I can certainly understand why someone might feel angry (rightly so) and take such a course of action (not quite as rightly so).

But there is the other side of it, that if they think non compliance is prevalent, then they may think they haven't done enough and that more restrictions or actions need to be taken.

rebkev@xtra.co.nz asks to be taken off the mailing list, please respect this when you cut and paste the email address list for venues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    rebkev@xtra.co.nz asks to be taken off the mailing list, please respect this when you cut and paste the email address list for venues.
    So far I'm calling negative on that one. I've seen no evidence that it's mistaken identity, and I've double-checked that the details are correct.
    If I find otherwise, I might revisit that, but for now they can reap what they've sown. No one forced them to take part in this; they chose to do it for money.
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwigunguy View Post
    So far I'm calling negative on that one. I've seen no evidence that it's mistaken identity, and I've double-checked that the details are correct.
    If I find otherwise, I might revisit that, but for now they can reap what they've sown. No one forced them to take part in this; they chose to do it for money.
    According to this page, Kev is indeed website admin for the Taieri RFC, the chairman is Sam Graf and Sam is the person responsible for hiring out of the hall. It would annoy me if I was chairman and our web site admin did not forward me negative feedback. How many rugby club supporters in a rural town do you think also have an acute interest in the firearms confiscation?
    Taieri Rugby Football Club - Club Contacts