Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Old scope for .303

Hi guys, I have two old scopes that I have not used before, and wanting to mount one to my newly acquired Parker hale .303
    One is a vintage bushnell banner ll 1-4x20 with German post reticle.
    The other is an old Bentley 4x40 by miroku.
    Both scopes made in Japan, both appear in good condition.
    Does anyone have any experience with these scopes? Would greatly appreciate some opinions.
    Thanks!

for 30yrs my no4mk1.303 wore a 4x40 bentley scope and my toz.22a 4x28model both went to Richard Wilhems some years ago for reconditioning and change to 30/30reticles.his professional opinion was they were good for a few more years- indeed this was proven so.It was only approx2yrs ago thew 4x40 fell over in a rteerminal state .Its replacement a 6x40 mirokus cope -an ex NI cullers scope shes had a hard life but still good as gold for my purposes .I like tasco as well plus my alltime favourties the nikko -stirling range .theyve all given me striling service and accounted for many rabbits and shtty livered randy snarling spitting buck jackos.amongst others.