Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Bill999
  • 1 Post By No.3

Thread: Parker Hale Safari Deluxe M98 trigger guard, floor plate conversion advice

Parker Hale Safari Deluxe M98 trigger guard, floor plate conversion advice

Hi team, I am mainly a interested watcher of the site but now find myself needing the advice/assistance with finishing of the rebuild of a reasonably good Parker Hale Safari Deluxe M98 with the lightweight stock.

I am hoping I am in the correct part of the site for this post

I have dated the rifle to 1961 based on the markings and it has the original fixed floor plate on the magazine well.

Is there a simple conversion to make a drop plate or can I interchange with the later model Parker Hale model that already has this if I can find one.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Being a mauser yes the folding parker hale or any other mauser type will fit with minimal if any fettling

Thank you, will post something in WTB

Banned
    Garyp in Napier has a selection of P-H parts

The recessed floorplate release is a fairly simple turning job, I have made several up that have the recessed tip that you press with a tool or the tip of a bullet replaced with a slim pin that sticks out enough to press with the tip of a finger. It's retained in place by a roll pin, tap it out from one side and collect the spring as it flies out haha. Then get the same turned up on a lathe with a pin on the release side instead of the flat that you push with a tool, the new pin just needs to be slim enough for the plate to slide far enough forwards to clear the locking slot at the back.

Impressive, but not something my clumsy mits would deal with

Quote Originally Posted by sportco62 View Post
    Garyp in Napier has a selection of P-H parts
    and is an absolute top bloke
    csmiffy and No.3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    Impressive, but not something my clumsy mits would deal with
    Not a hard job though - I didn't have access to the kit at the time I got the last ones made up so handed a drawing to a friendly worker on a site build who asked for it to be done for a mod for something they were assembling. Two days later I was a box of piss poorer and I had two finger operatable floorplate releases...
    Mr B likes this.

Thanks all, have spoken with a local Gunsmith and messaged Garyp so hopefully my plan will work out.