Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 126
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Police at it again

  1. #31
    Cook Angus_A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The big smoke
    Posts
    1,548
    I'd happily contribute to legal fees if someone fundraises to fight this, this is complete horse shit
    veitnamcam and tiroatedson like this.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

  2. #32
    Member tiroatedson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Te Awamutu Rural
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    I'd happily contribute to legal fees if someone fundraises to fight this, this is complete horse shit
    Like Angus said if thereís a fund going I can put a few bucks in. Canít do much but every little bit helps. Gotta fight it somehow..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam and 40mm like this.

  3. #33
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    I'd happily contribute to legal fees if someone fundraises to fight this, this is complete horse shit
    Quote Originally Posted by tiroatedson View Post
    Like Angus said if there’s a fund going I can put a few bucks in. Can’t do much but every little bit helps. Gotta fight it somehow..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me too and I dont even own a rattlegun!
    It will be them first and me next so I am willing to put in to put the police in there place yet again.
    199p, stingray, Sasquatch and 1 others like this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  4. #34
    Cook Angus_A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The big smoke
    Posts
    1,548
    Taken from the Firearm Owners United NZ facebook pages' update on the issue
    I HAVE HAD PARTS SEIZED AT CUSTOMS - WHAT CAN I DO?
    "We recommend contacting a lawyer. At this stage we can confirm Richard Lincoln's firm has started legal representation for importers. Nick Taylor is rumored to be involved with an importer too. Richard can be contacted on 021 152 5527 and Nick on 021 362 123. By joining an existing legal action costs can be shared. We recommend anyone who is affected by this new policy to get in touch with one of these lawyers."

    Not affected but i'll be ringing both to ask if they're taking contributions after work tomorrow.
    Pengy likes this.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

  5. #35
    Member Paddy79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Hawkesbay
    Posts
    1,302
    just go harass ol Nash at his office for starters and remind him he serves the tax payers and with out us he losses his big pay cheque
    "Don't carry a gun. It's nice to have them close by, but don't carry them. You might get arrested"

  6. #36
    JWB
    JWB is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    120
    A society always gets the administration that it deserves.
    You wanted it, so ENJOY!
    Isn't it wonderful that pondlife only realize the consequence of their decisions when it impinges on them.
    A quarter of the population are imports, over half of the population are female, to get a govt job you must believe sodomy is normal and that diversity is the source of a contented functional society.
    These deviants all vote and obviously outnumber those still capable of rational thought.

    For the youngsters out there, and those ignorant older types, if you wish to know what's coming next, I would direct you to read the Thorpe Report. It is the police playbook. Since 1997 it is the source and direction of all police policy.
    JoshC and ChrisW like this.

  7. #37
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    Taken from the Firearm Owners United NZ facebook pages' update on the issue
    I HAVE HAD PARTS SEIZED AT CUSTOMS - WHAT CAN I DO?
    "We recommend contacting a lawyer. At this stage we can confirm Richard Lincoln's firm has started legal representation for importers. Nick Taylor is rumored to be involved with an importer too. Richard can be contacted on 021 152 5527 and Nick on 021 362 123. By joining an existing legal action costs can be shared. We recommend anyone who is affected by this new policy to get in touch with one of these lawyers."

    Not affected but i'll be ringing both to ask if they're taking contributions after work tomorrow.
    I would rather donate to a fund set up by colfo or founds specifically to fight this than ring up a lawyer and ask if I can give him some money.
    199p, kokako and 40mm like this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  8. #38
    Cook Angus_A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The big smoke
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I would rather donate to a fund set up by colfo or founds specifically to fight this than ring up a lawyer and ask if I can give him some money.
    Was more going to ring to see what their plans were, likely the importers are going to set up a fundraiser i'd imagine.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

  9. #39
    Member Paddy79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Hawkesbay
    Posts
    1,302
    Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    A society always gets the administration that it deserves.
    You wanted it, so ENJOY!
    Isn't it wonderful that pondlife only realize the consequence of their decisions when it impinges on them.
    A quarter of the population are imports, over half of the population are female, to get a govt job you must believe sodomy is normal and that diversity is the source of a contented functional society.
    These deviants all vote and obviously outnumber those still capable of rational thought.

    For the youngsters out there, and those ignorant older types, if you wish to know what's coming next, I would direct you to read the Thorpe Report. It is the police playbook. Since 1997 it is the source and direction of all police policy.
    That would cost the Govt millions in buy back at market value and then the businesses as well, our govt wont give nurses a pay rise because of funds, how will they clear buy back then? Which would probably cost more than the nurses pay rise?
    "Don't carry a gun. It's nice to have them close by, but don't carry them. You might get arrested"

  10. #40
    Member 199p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palmerston North
    Posts
    2,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    Was more going to ring to see what their plans were, likely the importers are going to set up a fundraiser i'd imagine.
    There is a legal challange coming you can bet your bottom dollar on it. Im sure there will be a chance to donate then. I know i will be.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam and 40mm like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

  11. #41
    JWB
    JWB is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    That would cost the Govt millions in buy back at market value and then the businesses as well, our govt wont give nurses a pay rise because of funds, how will they clear buy back then? Which would probably cost more than the nurses pay rise?
    That recommendation will be the last one implemented. By that time market value and existing businesses will be like rocking horse shit.

  12. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    129
    So I have read the Police letters on the FOU site.

    It does not specifically relate to AR-15's as such but they are refusing import permits for parts that can be used on MSSA's as well as A Cat rifles (even if the parts in question are not the 'naughty' parts of an AR that make them an MSSA). They state you have to import 'complete' a cat or e cat rifles only.

    This won't last and I will tell you why...

    Other A cat rifles, like a Ruger 10/22, can be a MSSA firearm (and therefore E cat) if you use a magazine on them that contains more than 15 rounds. Therefore importing any 10/22 parts is now not approved by Police, and you can only import complete rifles, due to the fact they can be used on both A-Cat and MSSA firearms. Same for other rifles like mini 14's, SKS etc etc.

    See how long that lasts.

  13. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    That would cost the Govt millions in buy back at market value and then the businesses as well, our govt wont give nurses a pay rise because of funds, how will they clear buy back then? Which would probably cost more than the nurses pay rise?
    They wouldn't pay market value

  14. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    I'd happily contribute to legal fees if someone fundraises to fight this, this is complete horse shit
    The feedback I received from FOUNZ on this, was to sit tight for the time being. Discussions are being had with lawyers. If they proceed down the legal path, then they will post on it publicly. There is hope for government intervention which would avoid this need.
    Angus_A likes this.

  15. #45
    MIA somewhere in Nam 300CALMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Reluctantly JAFA
    Posts
    3,076
    199p likes this.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. NZ Police Sako 222
    By no1_49er in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-03-2016, 12:36 PM
  2. OMG call the PC police
    By HNTMAD in forum Hunting
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 13-02-2016, 09:28 AM
  3. Police motorcade?
    By big_foot in forum Off topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-04-2014, 10:53 AM
  4. Police Harrassment
    By hunter308 in forum Off topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-12-2012, 12:21 PM
  5. Police try to shoot Cow
    By outdoorlad in forum Off topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-01-2012, 04:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!