Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: Police at it again

JWB
    Banned
    A society always gets the administration that it deserves.
    You wanted it, so ENJOY!
    Isn't it wonderful that pondlife only realize the consequence of their decisions when it impinges on them.
    A quarter of the population are imports, over half of the population are female, to get a govt job you must believe sodomy is normal and that diversity is the source of a contented functional society.
    These deviants all vote and obviously outnumber those still capable of rational thought.

For the youngsters out there, and those ignorant older types, if you wish to know what's coming next, I would direct you to read the Thorpe Report. It is the police playbook. Since 1997 it is the source and direction of all police policy.
    JoshC and ChrisW like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    Taken from the Firearm Owners United NZ facebook pages' update on the issue
    I HAVE HAD PARTS SEIZED AT CUSTOMS - WHAT CAN I DO?
    "We recommend contacting a lawyer. At this stage we can confirm Richard Lincoln's firm has started legal representation for importers. Nick Taylor is rumored to be involved with an importer too. Richard can be contacted on 021 152 5527 and Nick on 021 362 123. By joining an existing legal action costs can be shared. We recommend anyone who is affected by this new policy to get in touch with one of these lawyers."

Not affected but i'll be ringing both to ask if they're taking contributions after work tomorrow.
    I would rather donate to a fund set up by colfo or founds specifically to fight this than ring up a lawyer and ask if I can give him some money.
    199p, kokako and 40mm like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I would rather donate to a fund set up by colfo or founds specifically to fight this than ring up a lawyer and ask if I can give him some money.
    Was more going to ring to see what their plans were, likely the importers are going to set up a fundraiser i'd imagine.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    A society always gets the administration that it deserves.
    You wanted it, so ENJOY!
    Isn't it wonderful that pondlife only realize the consequence of their decisions when it impinges on them.
    A quarter of the population are imports, over half of the population are female, to get a govt job you must believe sodomy is normal and that diversity is the source of a contented functional society.
    These deviants all vote and obviously outnumber those still capable of rational thought.

For the youngsters out there, and those ignorant older types, if you wish to know what's coming next, I would direct you to read the Thorpe Report. It is the police playbook. Since 1997 it is the source and direction of all police policy.
    That would cost the Govt millions in buy back at market value and then the businesses as well, our govt wont give nurses a pay rise because of funds, how will they clear buy back then? Which would probably cost more than the nurses pay rise?

Was more going to ring to see what their plans were, likely the importers are going to set up a fundraiser i'd imagine.
    There is a legal challange coming you can bet your bottom dollar on it. Im sure there will be a chance to donate then. I know i will be.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam and 40mm like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

JWB
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    That would cost the Govt millions in buy back at market value and then the businesses as well, our govt wont give nurses a pay rise because of funds, how will they clear buy back then? Which would probably cost more than the nurses pay rise?
    That recommendation will be the last one implemented. By that time market value and existing businesses will be like rocking horse shit.

So I have read the Police letters on the FOU site.

It does not specifically relate to AR-15's as such but they are refusing import permits for parts that can be used on MSSA's as well as A Cat rifles (even if the parts in question are not the 'naughty' parts of an AR that make them an MSSA). They state you have to import 'complete' a cat or e cat rifles only.

This won't last and I will tell you why...

Other A cat rifles, like a Ruger 10/22, can be a MSSA firearm (and therefore E cat) if you use a magazine on them that contains more than 15 rounds. Therefore importing any 10/22 parts is now not approved by Police, and you can only import complete rifles, due to the fact they can be used on both A-Cat and MSSA firearms. Same for other rifles like mini 14's, SKS etc etc.

See how long that lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    They wouldn't pay market value

I'd happily contribute to legal fees if someone fundraises to fight this, this is complete horse shit
    The feedback I received from FOUNZ on this, was to sit tight for the time being. Discussions are being had with lawyers. If they proceed down the legal path, then they will post on it publicly. There is hope for government intervention which would avoid this need.
    Angus_A likes this.

199p likes this.

Taken from the Firearm Owners United NZ facebook pages' update on the issue
    I HAVE HAD PARTS SEIZED AT CUSTOMS - WHAT CAN I DO?
    "We recommend contacting a lawyer. At this stage we can confirm Richard Lincoln's firm has started legal representation for importers. Nick Taylor is rumored to be involved with an importer too. Richard can be contacted on 021 152 5527 and Nick on 021 362 123. By joining an existing legal action costs can be shared. We recommend anyone who is affected by this new policy to get in touch with one of these lawyers."

Not affected but i'll be ringing both to ask if they're taking contributions after work tomorrow.
    Hold up, we're going to have the same conversation with them and let the community know where to next.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I can't in good faith recommend giving funds to COLFO for this issue.
    COLFO are sitting on 200k of funds already, if they were going to fund this they would have during my gas block issue 8 months ago here:
    https://www.facebook.com/firearmowne...65547177117866

Where they said to me:

"Please approach Nick (Taylor) and outline the situation, if you decide to take legal action this will be on your own account."
    veitnamcam and Angus_A like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gqhoon View Post
    The feedback I received from FOUNZ on this, was to sit tight for the time being. Discussions are being had with lawyers. If they proceed down the legal path, then they will post on it publicly. There is hope for government intervention which would avoid this need.
    You're mostly right based off what I messaged you on facebook.
    However proceedings are in place, but we don't want to collect people's money if they back down and if we do set up donations, we want it to be done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    I'm sure they will. But someone needs to pay, maybe we should all consider going in together. I doubt they have any chance of winning.
    Maybe time for soneone to start making AR15s domestically - a now captive market. This may in turn encourage Colt to sue NZ Customs.

Anyone have a list of domestic manufacturers of AR15 bits and who makes what?
    Last edited by Cordite; 13-07-2018 at 12:10 AM.
    40mm likes this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Gun Supplies in Rotorua are making uppers and lowers
    Maca49 likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Gun Supplies in Rotorua are making uppers and lowers
    Yeah I wouldn't touch them with a 10ft barge pole. I had a pistol made by them that was a 7k lump of shit and their warranty wasn't worth the paper it was printed on.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Spanners likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.