Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Poor Man's Versa-Pod Review

The screws thru the bottom of the skids allows you to lean into the shot alot more too, giving what I think to be better recoil control and recovery for follow up shots

I see these bipods are on trademe now for all of $46

Saw that the other day. I assume they are made by the same people, a lot less fuss and even cheper though!

I forgot to mention before - the paint has worn off mine a little bit in the moving areas. I wasn't expecting the best prime/paint in the planet though

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    I see these bipods are on trademe now for all of $46

I bought one because DealExtreme!!! have decided that they don't like my credit card in the last month for some reason

From playing with Kitto's one it is literally a better bipod than a $96US Harris with $26US podloc and $108US Phoenix Tactical podclaws

I bought one because DealExtreme!!! have decided that they don't like my credit card in the last month for some reason

From playing with Kitto's one it is literally a better bipod than a $96US Harris with $26US podloc and &$55 gunworks spikes
    Can you define "better"? or discribe /explian the better bits?
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

I prefer it to use. Doesn't get tension in it if you change body position slightly, better for tracking a moving target, easier to lean into.

Downsides: the mount is a piece of shit (worthless design, same as versapod), it's heavier. I'm being a blatant swagger jacker and getting a pin installed in the front of my stock, so it'll actually be QD. Also it might fall apart but it's a 700gm lump of steel, feels pretty solid.

I prefer it to use. Doesn't get tension in it if you change body position slightly, better for tracking a moving target, easier to lean into.

Downsides: the mount is a piece of shit (worthless design, same as versapod), it's heavier. I'm being a blatant swagger jacker and getting a pin installed in the front of my stock, so it'll actually be QD. Also it might fall apart but it's a 700gm lump of steel, feels pretty solid.
    Thats enough reason in itself really.The swiveling seems to be an advantage, i might have to give one a try.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

The Dealextreme bipod is the same I use. Ridiculously cheap and all the benefits have been touched - very good for field use! I've used mine for a few years now (3???)
    A better adapter/pin is "a must", the lump that comes with it....

This is my bipod adapter, these guys send internationally.
    http://www.vertebrae.no/index.php?pa...emart&Itemid=1

You can also have the universal version for non-Blaser rifles...
    http://www.vertebrae.no/index.php?pa...emart&Itemid=1

I've glued my pins, the nut came loose when I didn't. So far I haven't manage to break it.
    Last edited by Norway; 03-02-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Norway. What kind of pin did you use on your old Sako? Was it glued in as well?

The Vektor universal pin and yes, glued with epoxy.
    Very simple to mount: Drill specified size hole in stock. Put a little shoecream on stock around hole. Fill hole completely with quick-drying epoxy. Insert pin and hold in position till glue takes. Cut of residue glue after hardening and remove shoecream.
    If you ever need to get it out, simply heat the pin till the glue is soft.

I prefer this pin because it integrates a sling attachment, no other pin I know of does this.

The only modification I make is replacing the original nut (M5 size???) with a locking nut and a slightly larger washer. In the Sako it was just glued.
    (I'm somewhat unsuitable for comment on this product as I'm a friend of the manufacturer)

Handy having a mate that makes them because they're expensive. Seem well made though. I might try make a pin to epoxy into the stock or deconstruck the mount that comes with it and see if that can be glued in.

I bought one this arvo off dealextreme. Will see what it's like when it gets here. Will be used on my new rifle once it's done.