Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Premier Scopes

Hi, thanks for the interest. My name is Jayson Prenter and we (my family) have a small business distributing Premier scopes for NZ. This is a new venture and you will soon see our company name on the ATI website, hopefully this will be updated soon. I've posted a price for the Light Tactical under the commedical advertisers part of the forum. Thanks again.

Jaaaaayson you won the Gunslinger -good man !
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by Nzgunner View Post
    Hi, thanks for the interest. My name is Jayson Prenter and we (my family) have a small business distributing Premier scopes for NZ. This is a new venture and you will soon see our company name on the ATI website, hopefully this will be updated soon. I've posted a price for the Light Tactical under the commedical advertisers part of the forum. Thanks again.
    You will be getting rid of that crappy old PMII of yours then, how much do you want for it?

Quote Originally Posted by karearea View Post
    You will be getting rid of that crappy old PMII of yours then, how much do you want for it?
    Ha! Maybe old but not crappy

I have 2 Premiers , both the heavier Tac models , 3-15x50 & 5-25x56mm.

They are not bad scopes , BUT I donot like the MTC function that much ( I thought I would like the MTC , opps ) , as its hard full click on every full mil , makes it a bit harder to say set a value close to a full mil , ie 1.1 mil , as the soft click of the 0.1 gets drowned out by the heavy full mil click/detent .

I thought I would like the camlock/tooless zeroing feature , BUT in reality , I donot .
    You also have to get use to IT the turret still clicking , when you slip the knobs , not a biggie , but need to be aware of IT , as its totally different from any other scope .
    They are well made scopes , I like the reticles , I have the XR fine reticle , be aware that most Premiers have CCW ( counterclockwise turn knobs ) , but I think you can order them with CW direction as well.
    As far as I know you can get them with moa/moa or mil/mil , knobs/reticle .
    Also most full tacs have a indicated double turn knob , BUt they also have a single turn 22 mil knob thats a neat option .

The glass is as good as a S&B PMII , be aware that Premiers have had issues/troubles , change of ownership etc , and in the US they are unsure if the company will last ( so some in the US are concerned they will not be repairable If the company folds up shop ) , the scopes are made in Germany as far as I know .

The other known issue , is to do with parallex , stopping / seizing up , ie not working , which is what happened to my 3-15x50 recently at a shoot ( Brian ) .

ALL in all , I am happier using my S&B PMIIs , still the gold standard for me at the moment .

Hope that helps , these are my experiences with Premier Tac scopes .

Later Chris
    The other

Thanx for the feedback Chris. I own a few different brands of scopes leupold, nightforce and S&B and they are all great. Each one has differences and advantages over the other.

I understand some of the earlier production models has some problems with the MTC on the turrets and parallex but this has been corrected. I don't know if you have an early production model, however I hope the warranty covered this. Let me know if I can help you out there. As with most ambitious new designs there are teething problems, but hopefully now in the past.

I like the cam locking feature for multiple zeros on different rifles or multi-caliber rifles.

Premiers are selling very well overseas so can't see a problem with the company not lasting.

Anyway thanks again for your feedback, that's what a forum is for.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Nzgunner View Post
    Ha! Maybe old but not crappy
    But you couldn't possibly shoot S&B now though, what would the punters think

I will tell you what, my 5-25x56 is quite at home on my SR, so I will help you out of the bind and put yours on the TAC 2

Quote Originally Posted by karearea View Post
    But you couldn't possibly shoot S&B now though, what would the punters think

I will tell you what, my 5-25x56 is quite at home on my SR, so I will help you out of the bind and put yours on the TAC 2
    Sounds like you're in the market for another scope? Pay me a visit sometime out at the range, I'll make you a cup of coffee then we will compare/shoot with both scopes. Should be an interesting day out for ya!

good scopes for sure Jason
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question