Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: pretty sure that wasn't meant to happen...

I bought a box of .308 from them a few years back, went out on a mish and pulled the first round out to load the gun and thought fuck that doesnt look right, it was a 7mm 08, checked the box yip .308 and the rest of the rounds were .308 wtf is with that???

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Chris if you see this share a link to your thread for the benefit of Fallow
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Chris if you see this share a link to your thread for the benefit of Fallow
    Easier to just post the link than wait for the original thread author to do so

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...ee-winge-7820/
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

I think my issue with them is on Chris's thread too. Double charged.......Never ever will they get any of my time, money or compliments again!

Bunch of useless C*nts if you ask me.

Run like fuck Forest, Run!!!!
    steven likes this.
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Any one on this forum from gun city? see the shit they sell you guys
    expensive sh*t to boot.

I hate to think what could have happened if the bullet had jammed at the exit and you'd shot twice.....

There seems to be a justifiable reason they are called gunsh*ty....
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

take it back but knowing them wankers they ill try and make it your fult by saying you didn't have it screwd on tight or something

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    If it is a can, was it screwed up tight? Thats one advantage of the over barrel type, at least if they slightly loosen they are kept in line by the barrel collet thingy (I think).
    Not really

Not only are they a bunch of cunts to deal with i swear they have a %500 mark up

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Not really
    You will have to take this up with Mitch Maxbury the gunsmith. That's what he advised me, and I can see the logic.

Lots of long bows being drawn here.
    Firstly it was assumed the rifle's thread was off centre. And I chucked in the prospect of the thing being loose.
    Then it was revealed that it came from GC. So now its all their fault, and the thread is on a real anti Gun City role.
    I'm happy to wait and see, and reserve judgement.

You will have to take this up with Mitch Maxbury the gunsmith. That's what he advised me, and I can see the logic.
    I don't think it really makes real world difference or is an actual problem in the first place

If the suppressor is screwing off the thread then the rear bushing is no longer snug on the barrel supporting it, degree depends on taper

Over barrel removes the option of using a 50 cent lock/crush/spring washer to entirely prevent the possibility of it loosening

Firstly it was assumed the rifle's thread was off centre. And I chucked in the prospect of the thing being loose.
    Then it was revealed that it came from GC. So now its all their fault, and the thread is on a real anti Gun City role.
    With all the bad experiences people have shared regarding gun city do you really blame us they have had more bad things said about them by customers that have bought from them than any other business mentioned on the net.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

I happy to wait and see, give them a chance to fix it. Annoying though as I took advantage of their free shipping this month to get it here now I've got to pay to courier it back to them. Might hit them up for the cost.
    I have been using suppressors on all types of rifles for many years and never experienced this. Yes the suppressor was tight and I double checked before firing especially given that I had read they come loose on these rifles (as they can on all guns).

I can't really understand how they are still in business certainly only ever hear negative things about them