Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Question: What’s the worst (hunting) rifle you've ever owned/used & why?

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Worst from factory was my Savage Low Profile varminter. A massive rifle with a 1:14" twist. Meaning the little pills fared so badly in the wind, all that big heavy accurate construction was for nothing. Just decoration. With a 1:7" twist it would have been one of the best.
    You didn't say that when you were selling it

Worst from factory was my Savage Low Profile varminter. A massive rifle with a 1:14" twist. Meaning the little pills fared so badly in the wind, all that big heavy accurate construction was for nothing. Just decoration. With a 1:7" twist it would have been one of the best.
    Was that the one with the out of alignment holes tapped for the bases?
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Sako quote the short action 75 Finnlite at the same weight as the T3 lite, and they're aren't that much lighter than most at 6.25lb compared with 7lb for a 700SPS, Ruger M77 etc - the same amount heavier than say a Savage Lightweight Hunter at 5.5lb. I wonder if Tikka have just managed to cleverly design it to feel lighter than it really is.
    To be fair, my 75 has steel optilocs, the massive key lock bolt thing and a heavier scope, whereas the T3 had the alloy rings and a smaller scope.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Was that the one with the out of alignment holes tapped for the bases?
    Ah that savage quality

Sorry, 1:12". Same difference.

Funny, I don't think the manufacturers really even think about what they were making.
    the vast majority of people don't know and don't care about twist rate or using a decent bullet or thinking critically about the things they buy at all, and the manufacturers are happy to take their money, and have little reason to change their products from the traditional form to get the extra money of the 15 people in the world who do care
    7mmsaum and veitnamcam like this.

.223?

Ive been pondering one in 308....its supposed to be an accurate piece of kit.

a remmy 7615 pumpy. Minute of A4 paper @ 20 metres. Took it back with the target and ended up getting my money back. What a rigomarole.

Remmy

Wow you managed to get all the shots on a A4 paper-thats good for the 7615-that one was a keeper

I first saw the 7615 in Aussie (QLD) where it was very popular. Asked about it at a club one day and was told not to throw away my money. The guys there said it jammed, failed to feed and when it worked would group like its shotgun brethren! But it still seemed very popular rifle.

Cheers.
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Ah that savage quality
    had the same issue with mine (sold it)

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    .223?

mine was a 204 - and yeah quite accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Littledog View Post
    Wow you managed to get all the shots on a A4 paper-thats good for the 7615-that one was a keeper

I first saw the 7615 in Aussie (QLD) where it was very popular. Asked about it at a club one day and was told not to throw away my money. The guys there said it jammed, failed to feed and when it worked would group like its shotgun brethren! But it still seemed very popular rifle.

Cheers.
    Were they old fat guys with bolt actions?

I know 3 dudes in Oz with 7615s and they all shoot perfectly acceptably for what it is, ~1.5 inch groups

One and a half at what range. As mentioned i did say mine was minute of A4 at 20 metres. In saying that i still like the concept just needed to be more like a rifle than a shotgun.... The three you mentoned must of being the pick of the bunch....

Quote Originally Posted by tiroatedson View Post
    One and a half at what range. As mentioned i did say mine was minute of A4 at 20 metres. In saying that i still like the concept just needed to be more like a rifle than a shotgun.... The three you mentoned must of being the pick of the bunch....
    I'm not doubting that yours had some sort of problem, I'm suggesting that old people like to make up reasons why things they don't agree with are 'bad'

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    Yep very accurate and lovely to fire (mine was a 204). Be aware they are a big heavy beast though, not really suited to NZ hunting. The sporter weight Savages are accurate too but much more practical.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    I'm not doubting that yours had some sort of problem, I'm suggesting that old people like to make up reasons why things they don't agree with are 'bad'
    I shall try to avoid that phenomena as I get old.
    Lentil likes this.