Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rangefinder binos

Hybrid View

I had Sigs, now I have Deltas. I reckon they're better, and they were about a grand cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by LMcNab View Post
    I had Sigs, now I have Deltas. I reckon they're better, and they were about a grand cheaper
    Better glass??

Yes. Better lowlight imo

Quote Originally Posted by SPEARONZ View Post
    Yes. Better lowlight imo
    Do the Deltas have TBR angle correction ? Can the switch between yards and meters ? Presume no built in ballistic calculator ?
    #DANNYCENT

Yes noticeably better glass, and nice lens caps. Delta fella was good to deal with too.

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    Depends how deep your wallet is.
    They don't do anything better than the sig 6k.
    More wank factor is about it.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    Is that meant to be a joke? If not, that’s a very poor bit of advice.
    EmpireSafaris likes this.

Yes
    Yes
    No

If you choose the TBR setting it will display the LOS first followed by the TBR a second or two later

Imo unless the binos can measure environmentals there’s no point having in built ballistic calculators. I never used them in the sigs even when running a kestrel. It’s probably good for static range shooting but for hunting, glassing, moving, stalking, glassing again, repositioning, spooking the deer, find a new firing position, re range the deer… all the Bluetooth connectivity options are just destined to fail.
    dannyb likes this.

The Meopta RF are pretty good for the price. My mate got some and the glass is as good as my Zeiss conquest HD in low light. They range fast and far too. He got 15% off being NZDA getting them from Kilwell

Vortex Fury ABs, I know how many Vortex haters abound on this forum, but I'm happy with them. Have used the life time guarantee for a scope, paid the price difference and upgraded seamlessly. Compared to Nikon HG binos I had before, I can't tell the difference in glass quality. Can input the ballistics of the rifle I'm using on the day, very convenient.
    mawzer308 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flock View Post
    Vortex Fury ABs, I know how many Vortex haters abound on this forum, but I'm happy with them. Have used the life time guarantee for a scope, paid the price difference and upgraded seamlessly. Compared to Nikon HG binos I had before, I can't tell the difference in glass quality. Can input the ballistics of the rifle I'm using on the day, very convenient.
    Yeah I'll put up my hand for these also. I have had them for 3 years and they have functioned flawlessly. Very good ranging and the glass has been more than good enough to find big Jap stags. They get used weekly in crap conditions and keep on ticking.

https://youtu.be/fePtfeCVQTA?si=1z0gqxz9xwBmj8lW

Some may find this comparison video by Area419 useful. Vector are an interesting proposition against the other two tier-1 LRF binos.

Gee are the sigs that blue

Need to decide if you want any of the ballistic stuff.
    The Sigs and Leica .com binos have the ability to bluetooth to a Kestrel or phone app.

Others just have built in ballistic solvers that don't blue tooth and others that just give distance/TBR.

Also need to decide if you want best of best glass, best/most user friendly ballistic software, or something value for money.

Been using my leica for over 10 years now, still very happy , will range camels on salt pans accurately ±1m to 1200m check against gps often. Very clear glass. And yes I use NF scopes as well.

How many people have shot animals out past 1km with data from their RF binos?

I carry a rangefinder (Leica 2700B) and separate binos (Swarovski 10x42 EL).

Don't have ground where I can safely shoot beyond 300m at the moment. So not worried at all.

Shot targets put to 1.5km but I'd say the best binos in the world can't give you a wind call within 2-5mph