Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Are recoil buffers any use in an SKS

Am finding the screws holding the receiver cover on are working loose, even the red dot came loose after 100 or do rnds and that's with the blue goo they supply. Don't really want to Loctite them as I take the cover off now and than to get the bolt out for cleaning.
    Anyone got any experience with the recoil buffers they sell for these things do they work?

northdude
    ive got one in mine havnt noticed much difference but the theory of it sounds good

My one had the same issue, the gunsmith put cams on the locking screws, still came loose a couple of times til I got nice and hot (couple of dozen quick rounds) then torqued the screws up. Never come loose since. I haven't pulled it apart since neither, just a light oil occasionaly
    Ya can't park there mate.