Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: rem 700 cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Did I say I was scared of it, more like terrified. Brought it new in 1987 for $800 dollars. I think it was the stock design that was the issue cause I could shoot a mates M700 (in same caliber which was actually lighter) very well. It booted but more would smack me in the face real bad. Kinda put me off ever buying another one even though I suspect the issue was all in my head in the end.
    Sounds like stock shape, used to use a Lambergun? over under when a young fella on bunnys,shot real well with it too.... took it to a work team clay bird shoot and did pretty well even with 3/4 and full barrels but after 200 odd rounds my shoulder was fine but I couldn't talk properly my cheek had had such a bashing.!
    mikee likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Sounds like stock shape, used to use a Lambergun? over under when a young fella on bunnys,shot real well with it too.... took it to a work team clay bird shoot and did pretty well even with 3/4 and full barrels but after 200 odd rounds my shoulder was fine but I couldn't talk properly my cheek had had such a bashing.!
    Time to come out for another go at clays then if I cant find a gun that fits the same as above I'm sure we can improvise on the cheek bashing if its that important to your shooting style

All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.