Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By Friwi
  • 2 Post By Friwi
  • 1 Post By grandpamac
  • 1 Post By caberslash
  • 1 Post By dannyb
  • 2 Post By grandpamac

Thread: Rem700 adl front trigger sceew

Rem700 adl front trigger sceew

Is this supposed to be torqued to a specific specification?

Just wondering as pulled a action out of a stock, and can't find anything anywhere regarding the small screw torque settings in the front of the trigger guard.

Just a light tension with a bit of blue loctite and that is how do all of mines. Less chance of creating stress in the bedding and the action.

Solid wood -25-30 in/lbs
    Laminate -25-40 in/lbs
    Fiberglass- 30-40 in/lbs
    Aluminum- 50-60 in/lbs

If it is a screw only (not an action screw) then probably only 20 in/lbs to secure it. I am only familiar with the two action screws on a Short Action.

I think he mentionned the small middle screw on an adl plateform ( the one holding the front of the trigger guard)
    Larskramer and caberslash like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    I think he mentionned the small middle screw on an adl plateform ( the one holding the front of the trigger guard)
    Correct, just not sure if it needed to be torqued up etc for accuracy etc. I set all my stocks to 40inch lb on the rear and.60 on the front. ( all carbon stocks ). But this is my first adl and has the extra bolt haha

It just needs to be firm but not over tight. The front screw takes most torque, the rear one a bit less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it were me, I'd be glueing (epoxy) the ADL triggerguard into the stock (obviously not with the action screw installed).

Greetings,
    The screw is only there to secure the front of the trigger guard. It serves no purpose in bedding so just tight enough to stop it comming loose and falling out. I retro fitted my ADL with a Hogue stock my son gave me and a hinged floorplate with no problems, a much more convenient set up, especially for unloading. Something that needs to be mentioned about unloading, I pushed the bolt forward just enough for the round to pop out of the mag so I could tip it into my hand. You do not need to chamber the round. Having the muzzle pointed in a safe direction and slightly upwards stops the round sliding into the chamber. Failure to do this has cost some in the US their lives. I am reasonably sure that most, if not all, in NZ are more carefull.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    caberslash likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpamac View Post
    Greetings,
    The screw is only there to secure the front of the trigger guard. It serves no purpose in bedding so just tight enough to stop it comming loose and falling out. I retro fitted my ADL with a Hogue stock my son gave me and a hinged floorplate with no problems, a much more convenient set up, especially for unloading. Something that needs to be mentioned about unloading, I pushed the bolt forward just enough for the round to pop out of the mag so I could tip it into my hand. You do not need to chamber the round. Having the muzzle pointed in a safe direction and slightly upwards stops the round sliding into the chamber. Failure to do this has cost some in the US their lives. I am reasonably sure that most, if not all, in NZ are more carefull.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    thanks grandpamac, your right... its not the nicest having a adl... i do have a another carbon stock here, with bdl... i might end up swapping them over. ill see how i feel!

Quote Originally Posted by Larskramer View Post
    thanks grandpamac, your right... its not the nicest having a adl... i do have a another carbon stock here, with bdl... i might end up swapping them over. ill see how i feel!
    The ADL has it's upsides, no floorplate to open or magazine to drop out, and the stock is much more robust.
    Larskramer likes this.

don't forget to re check your zero
    Larskramer likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Correct, just not sure if it needed to be torqued up etc for accuracy etc. I set all my stocks to 40inch lb on the rear and.60 on the front. ( all carbon stocks ). But this is my first adl and has the extra bolt haha
    That screw/bolt is just to hold the trigger guard no real torque required like Friwi said, Even my single shot 40X has one; doesn't do anything

so as per norm, torque the front to 60inch lb, the rear to 40inch lb, then just nip up the front trigger gaurd bolt

Greetings,
    I didn't have a problem with the ADL as such other than the stock did not fit me with the high comb and plastic but plate (it is a .308). The Hogue is much more comfortable as I became less tolerant of recoil as I got older. Blind magazines do make the stock stronger but they just need more care when unloading. Mine was made in 1975 and it was my first new centrefire rifle and it is still here.
    GPM.
    Larskramer and caberslash like this.