Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: retail gun prices

I hate to say it but I had a mate insist I have a chat to the guys at GC Wellington when I was looking for a Finnlight. Cant remember the exact price I got them down to but was a few hundred saving off retail...
    Don't be afraid to ask, either it will work for the retailer or it wont...

yeah fair call mate can see how that'd be frustrating

I used to work for an old fellow in retail many years ago.( Not in sports but in general retail) He was well known for having reasonable prices and an objection to credit cards. His philosophy was not to add anything on to allow for discount. If a retailer was prepared to drop the price for someone rude enough to ask (I said he was old and meant to include Old school taught) then he should be able to drop the same amount for someone polite enough not to ask. He run a cash operation so you could pay by cash or eftpos.

As mentioned he was a very reasonable man and had an honesty and integrity that I sorely miss in most businesses today.

haha true never even thought of ringing gun city to be honest, assumed any discount they gave me would still be above retail but ill try my hustling skills on them tomorrow morning
    dirtyhabit and R93 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ARdave View Post
    haha true never even thought of ringing gun city to be honest, assumed any discount they gave me would still be above retail but ill try my hustling skills on them tomorrow morning
    If you buy from gun city you can walk in this roar bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    R93, ARdave, ebf and 5 others like this.

Dave, give Ashburton HF a call. Saw one in there for $3399. So only $100 less than everyone else but im sure they will be willing to do you a deal. I know some can get you a better deal depending on when they purchased the rifle off Beretta NZ. If they had it in stock before the increase, they will still have that $300 to play with.
    ARdave likes this.

The cash thing didn't work for me at local h&f, managed to get a pack of ammo chucked in though. When I herd bretta nz tosser's had put the price up again I said but the dollar hasn't changed since the last price hike... Didn;t get a reply to that.
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"

I was driving through Taihape a few months ago and stopped for a Subway and coffee then popped into Taihape Sports. Best price I ever saw on Leupold VX1.
    When at home I like to support my local independent gun store...in my case The Gun Shop Motueka.
    madjon_, Pengy and deer243 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rockland View Post
    I was driving through Taihape a few months ago and stopped for a Subway and coffee then popped into Taihape Sports. Best price I ever saw on Leupold VX1.
    When at home I like to support my local independent gun store...in my case The Gun Shop Motueka.
    I support local. And I'm honest with them, fuck em. A rip of is exactly that.
    I get a great deal off 'the most expensive shop in town'. I wouldn't shop anywhere else.
    Dan M

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Damn right Danny.

I support my local dealer & have a very good business relationship with em, They give me a good price & they get first dibs on my $$$
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

northdude
    i know theres a lot of haters out there but ive never paid the full price on anything from gun city so i go back there
    dirtyhabit, gadgetman and res like this.

Generally I buy ALL my stuff from a single supplier, I expect a fair price and good service. Nothing more or less

To be fair there have only been 2 items I have not brought there, a NF scope where there was a misunderstanding over price being GST inclusive and just recently a pair of top end binos.

With the binos there was no way I expected them to even attempt to match the price as it was a "smoking one" and even more interestingly a HF store (my employer supplies electronics to but not Nelson or Richmond) and the price was too sharp to turn down I'm afraid.
    Kiwi Greg and deer243 like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    i know theres a lot of haters out there but ive never paid the full price on anything from gun city so i go back there
    It's easy for them to give you a "deal" when the full price is minimium 10% higher than the next guy
    deer243 likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    If you buy from gun city you can walk in this roar bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are a hard man Brads. You could at least sling him underneath.
    mikee, Carpe Diem and Tommy like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    It's easy for them to give you a "deal" when the full price is minimium 10% higher than the next guy
    when ive bought stuff off them theyve bettered any price ive gone to them with not just equaled it
    dirtyhabit likes this.