Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Richard Lincoln

Banned
    The law society doesn't want him (and no wonder), so he tries it on in court and gets shot down big time by the judge.

Now he wants people to give him $100 000 for him to have another go? Talk about throwing good money after bad!

I'm sure he will be as transparent with how the funds are used as he was with money given to the NSA. (is that still even a thing?)

Gun lobbyist and law graduate ruled unfit to be barrister and solicitor

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/108...-and-solicitor

Lincoln targeted Senior Constable James Manning, who was one of three officers who arrested him near Dunsandel, south of Christchurch, He posted derogatory messages about the constable on the NSA Facebook page calling him a dangerous criminal and providing the constable's wife's Facebook page.

He also sent a Facebook message to Manning's wife that included the prediction her husband would probably serve time in a "nice cold prison cell" and asking: "How did you ever wind up marrying a lowlife scumbag thug?"

Lincoln had an enduring frailty of character that had not altered with age or legal training and "he is not someone who will always deal responsibly and dispassionately with those whom he considers have wronged him"

The conduct was not a "one-off"
    resulting from a "complete brain meltdown" as the posts required considerable planning, she said. The messages were designed to intimidate and threaten and had occurred after Lincoln finished his legal training.

"However Mr Lincoln showed little appreciation of this," the judge said.

Lincoln only apologised to the constable's wife when he realised his behaviour put his admission to the bar at risk.

She (the Judge) was particularly concerned Lincoln had resorted to bullying and threats to challenge behaviour by individual police.

"In my view the public history of his dealings with the police would reflect poorly on the legal profession as a whole if he were admitted into practice. Indeed, I accept the Law Society's submission that the admission of someone who has behaved in this way would risk undermining public confidence in the legal profession."

And a bit after the charges against him were thrown out:

Lincoln then filed a private prosecution against the senior constable alleging several crimes including aggravated assault, kidnapping and perverting the course of justice.

The District Court declined to accept the filing of the charges saying Lincoln was using the criminal law to extract revenge.

I've donated to him, he can test it a little further to my mind if hes spend 7 years studying and has a job offer on the table.
    Give him a go, if he does anything silly again they can pull it, won't be first or last to be disbarred.

I personally wouldn't have done what he did and it was kinda asking for trouble walking around with black gun to toilet....but we've all needed a piss and jammed rifles under seat or something and I guess if we get busted they will throw the book at us unlike the crims we see often getting not much.

Post him getting arrested he was treated pretty bad, his firearms fiddled with to bring more charges against him. Can understand anyone would get a little wound up and vindictive when the Police pulling these sorts of tricks on you.

"he is not someone who will always deal responsibly and dispassionately with those whom he considers have wronged him"

And who IS like that, except for Jesus? I wonder is this judge taking her Lithium?

Lincoln then filed a private prosecution against the senior constable alleging several crimes including aggravated assault, kidnapping and perverting the course of justice. The District Court declined to accept the filing of the charges saying Lincoln was using the criminal law to extract revenge.

Is that not what criminal law is for? Are we now meant to use other means of exacting revenge, a.k.a. getting justice?!?

She (the Judge) was particularly concerned Lincoln had resorted to bullying and threats to challenge behaviour by individual police.

Correct. He ought to have taken the cop to the District Court instead. Fine example of circular thinking by the legal profession's finest.

Name:  Charlie_Brown_sad-791.png.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  46.0 KB
    gadgetman and outlander like this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Again.. you don't know anything about this other that relying on stuff articles. And they are just such a reliable source.

By the way - never have I known that the use of the law to extract a pound of flesh was not lawful. Its certainly not grounds for denying the progress of a private prosecution. In fact it is a constant dirge from the victims of any crime that their sense of justice must be met. To deny that when the alleged offender is a policeman is plainly a double standard.

And the descriptor used for that particular police officer is polite frankly.. if you want to bother finding out what what the judge said about the activites of the police and how they handled Lincoln... go and read the original case.

The cause of that situation was in the response to it. The author of that was well described.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Again.. you don't know anything about this other that relying on stuff articles. And they are just such a reliable source.

By the way - never have I known that the use of the law to extract a pound of flesh was not lawful. Its certainly not grounds for denying the progress of a private prosecution. In fact it is a constant dirge from the victims of any crime that their sense of justice must be met. To deny that when the alleged offender is a policeman is plainly a double standard.

And the descriptor used for that particular police officer is polite frankly.. if you want to bother finding out what what the judge said about the activites of the police and how they handled Lincoln... go and read the original case.

The cause of that situation was in the response to it. The author of that was well described.
    This is indeed dire, Sidney. I read your two posts above knowing that you usually tend to defend our legal system.
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    There was a rule (not sure if it still exists) that stated you may piss in the vicinity of your left rear wheel (obviously not the exact wording). If you are that paranoid about firearms in your vehicle, find a secluded spot and do that. Then you can argue with the law about pissing in a public place instead of an unattended firearm.
    Great idea, but then you'll never get into the Law Society - unless of course you're wearing a wig at the time. (-:
    outlander likes this.

I happily donated! The direction the law is taking Re firearm ownership in NZ and SOME police taking the law into their own hands by devious interpretation, we need as many Lincoln's as we can get. Your hobby depends on it.
    jackson21 and Cordite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by omegaspeedy View Post
    I happily donated! The direction the law is taking Re firearm ownership in NZ and SOME police taking the law into their own hands by devious interpretation, we need as many Lincoln's as we can get. Your hobby depends on it.
    Same. The situation is oppressive, just can't walk by on the other side of the road.
    omegaspeedy likes this.

The Original Striker
    Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    The law is a bit of an ass here......you can't leave a firearm unattended in a vehicle,and yet you can't really take it with you either....which puts someone travelling with a firearm in an impossible position,if they have to stop while travelling.This has never made any sense to me.
    I brought that up at one of the police firearms meetings in regards to the police charging people should they get firearms stolen from their transport.
    Old real deal magic Mike offered no real life solution of course but breaking in to a car is no different to breaking in to a house in my opinion.
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

sidney old chap -I often dont seem to agree with you ver often -but in this case you alone make this crystal clear,and thanks so much -at least to me .could you please(if able)tell me about the part of this cowboys&indians saga where the boys in blue attempted to detain lincoln under the ?auspices of the mental health act.
    IIRC I did read about it at the time along with a lot of the other you hint at, but my memory sometimes gets overloaded.
    the Justice Mallon judgement I did down load (all33pages of it)and i found her verbal arsekick of the blue brigade quite blunt and plain leaving all legal component in no doubt whatsoever as to where their roles lay.
    Mind you Gundoc gave a performance even Rumpole of the Bailey would raise a glass of port to in salute ,and even more so given the crown couldnt rebbut!
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by omegaspeedy View Post
    Indeed. What do we pay for 20 cartridges without a second thought.
    omegaspeedy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    sidney old chap -I often dont seem to agree with you ver often -but in this case you alone make this crystal clear,and thanks so much -at least to me .could you please(if able)tell me about the part of this cowboys&indians saga where the boys in blue attempted to detain lincoln under the ?auspices of the mental health act.
    IIRC I did read about it at the time along with a lot of the other you hint at, but my memory sometimes gets overloaded.
    the Justice Mallon judgement I did down load (all33pages of it)and i found her verbal arsekick of the blue brigade quite blunt and plain leaving all legal component in no doubt whatsoever as to where their roles lay.
    Mind you Gundoc gave a performance even Rumpole of the Bailey would raise a glass of port to in salute ,and even more so given the crown couldnt rebbut!
    What do you do when you realise that you have overplayed your hand, behaved unlawfully and need to discredit your potential accuser?

Allegations were made in the hearing of a lack of mental stability, but without any actual evidence being presented and was treated as such by the Judge.

Generally this stuff is considered corruption, but instead the disaffected are not allowed to proceed against the police because "he was using the law for revenge."

What?
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    What do you do when you realise that you have overplayed your hand, behaved unlawfully and need to discredit your potential accuser?

Allegations were made in the hearing of a lack of mental stability, but without any actual evidence being presented and was treated as such by the Judge.

Generally this stuff is considered corruption, but instead the disaffected are not allowed to proceed against the police because "he was using the law for revenge."

What?
    if as you state then law were or are using"allegations "as fact is that not very dangerous and shifty ground to be dancing on?

Do any of the forum members know this guy personally and can vouch for him.
    We all can "read" up on what happened but really for me to support him would need a few on here to back him.
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    if as you state then law were or are using"allegations "as fact is that not very dangerous and shifty ground to be dancing on?
    Yep - except of course if you can be protected by the court in spite of your dodgy behaviour...