Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Which rimfire suppressor?

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    To own one? In NZ?
    Yup, along with a stock a "butt" and magazine. All now require a firearms license.

takes a bit of care and time for 1/2 x28 to screw in, i had one thread ruined , got in 1/5 stuck, then realized it went in a wrong angle. for those baffle ones apply a 'lot' of grease or just finger tight or they'll stuck, i also had one stainless baffle ruined because of this. but i still like it being light and able to take apart.

MB
    My Hushpower Braveheat was great, although I only used it with 22LR. Sold it because I wanted an over-barrel suppressor and got a Hardy which is also good. If you're serious about noise control, then what about a centrefire suppressor?

Quote Originally Posted by holdover View Post
    takes a bit of care and time for 1/2 x28 to screw in, i had one thread ruined , got in 1/5 stuck, then realized it went in a wrong angle. for those baffle ones apply a 'lot' of grease or just finger tight or they'll stuck, i also had one stainless baffle ruined because of this. but i still like it being light and able to take apart.
    My 7mm rem mag is factory threaded in 1/2 × 28, not the thread I would've chosen if I'd paid to get threaded but it seems to work just fine and I've never had any issues with it ???
    #DANNYCENT

Not everyone is having issues with that thread, maybe just me. Some barrels had the end crowned a bit easy to screw in. some are flat.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    My 7mm rem mag is factory threaded in 1/2 × 28, not the thread I would've chosen if I'd paid to get threaded but it seems to work just fine and I've never had any issues with it ???
    Are you using with a brake or suppressor? If suppressor what make/type?

Quote Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post
    Are you using with a brake or suppressor? If suppressor what make/type?
    Currently use a brake, have a DPT on the way
    #DANNYCENT

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Currently use a brake, have a DPT on the way
    Hmmm, just ordered a suppressor last night for my 25-06 that has a number 2 lightweight barrel. Ordered suppressor in 5/8x24 thread but might change to 1/2x28 as barrel not yet threaded.
    Not sure now....haha

If someone is buying a rim fire suppressor. Do advise buy one that can be taken apart for cleaning, lot of people shoot 50 per visit thinking it’s not worth it cleaning, until the fifth time the carbon inside is like cemented shit, no gun oil not even sonic washer can dissolve it.

+1 for Braveheart suppressors. I'm upto 4k worth of rounds and still going strong.

As for a license to own parts and suppressors, that's just for mail order is it not??

Dago
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanfish View Post
    Wanting a suppressor for a 22mag in 1/2x28.
    What are peoples preferences?
    Best advice is don't over-invest in a rimfire suppressor.

A Stealth 22lr/22M/17HMR will set you back $29.00.

Alternatively buy up to a 223 suppressor.
    Nathanfish likes this.

Put a DPT suppressor on my 22 mag just recently . quietened it down a lot. Still loud but has lost the crack.
    You say your not ment to store your gun with suppressor on ?
    Patience Is A Virtue

DPT for me. Swapped between 17hmr and 22.
    bigbear likes this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Jusepy View Post
    Put a DPT suppressor on my 22 mag just recently . quietened it down a lot. Still loud but has lost the crack.
    You say your not ment to store your gun with suppressor on ?
    Yeah, best to clean and separate silencers/suppressors from the firearm. They collect a lot of carbon deposits, and leaving it on a barrel, with the suppressor facing up, can eventually cause solid carbon deposits in your crown and barrel
    Also when you have steel and alloys (or just different metals), in contact with each other, you have the potential for galvanic corrosion – especially if the rifle is wet or storage is damp. Given time his might lead to so much corrosion you end up having to cut the suppressor off, and your barrel down.

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    +1 for Braveheart suppressors. I'm upto 4k worth of rounds and still going strong.

As for a license to own parts and suppressors, that's just for mail order is it not??
    A mail order form is just for the sender to verify you have a firearms license before they send you the firearm/parts. The new act states you can not be in possession of parts without a license or without direct supervision from a license holder.