Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Rotorua Arms Office

Rotorua Arms Office

I'm moving to Rotorua at the end of the year, any tips welcome.
    Would the Arms office accept storage for A cat a separate Freestanding garage? Or would
    they insist on storage being in the main house?

It is not up to them. If you put in a compliant cabinet, properly secured to the building, and that building is sound and lockable, then you have met the legal requirement and they have to accept it. Remember that it is only their job to administer the law, not invent it! Mind you, if I lived in Rotovegas I would have the gun safe in the house!

Shit if I had to live in Rotovegas I get a bigger safe and put my whole bloody house in the safe.

and make a point about being discrete when you load up the wagon with your toys. never know who may be passing.
    ie while I live in a gated place we have an (ex?) gang boss living up the road who predates the subdivision. Not aware of any issues in the 6 years I've been here and neighbors come and go leaving garages and doors open etc.
    but I don't know who may be going to drive past at anytime visiting.
    40mm likes this.

Discretion is the best ploy no matter where you live, Rotovegas aside. But better to play it safe, personally I’d bolt a gun
    Safe to an internal wall and floor.

Fulla
    Yip, seen a flash Ute, with the back window filled with flash stickers yesterday, vortex, bushbuck, etc..... I thought that would be good to Rob or follow home. (Not that I personally am going to do, but he's asking for trouble)
    Beaker and Gibo like this.

i have now installed alarms for 3 gunsmiths all of which have their workshops in separate buildings to their house. no issues with the police at all providing all was well secured.
    Steve123 and Been Upto like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    i have now installed alarms for 3 gunsmiths all of which have their workshops in separate buildings to their house. no issues with the police at all providing all was well secured.
    Arms officer got fidgety with me having e cat not in the main dwelling, until he was informed it was alarmed

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Shit if I had to live in Rotovegas I get a bigger safe and put my whole bloody house in the safe.
    Where else can you get the adventure tourism opportunities of Queenstown with the ambiance of Ngaruawahia?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Where else can you get the adventure tourism opportunities of Queenstown with the ambiance of Ngaruawahia?
    Lol two words mate.................................... PANIC ROOM

Rwt
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Arms officer got fidgety with me having e cat not in the main dwelling, until he was informed it was alarmed
    I think that's a legal requirement for an endorsed safe building too be alarmed if it isn't the main building.

Like I always say "The best view of Rotorua is in the rear view mirror" :-)
    bully, viper and rewa like this.

Man you guys are too hard on Rotorua. I've never lived there, but I admire anyone who can endure the smell!

I had a mate who lived there and said it was the safest place in the country. He never locked his house, and felt totally safe all the time and confident no one was going to hassle him. He lived in the worst gang affiliated street in Rotorua, he reckoned just giving that address was enough to ensure he was untouchable!
    Steve123 likes this.

Anything's better than spending all my time stuck in traffic jambs. 1 fucken hour to go 12 K tonight! Vegas ticked all the boxes. If it's an A cat safe in the garage would I need to alarm it? I will get a system set up but want to keep the bills down till we find our feet.
    rewa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Anything's better than spending all my time stuck in traffic jambs. 1 fucken hour to go 12 K tonight! Vegas ticked all the boxes. If it's an A cat safe in the garage would I need to alarm it? I will get a system set up but want to keep the bills down till we find our feet.
    I could live in Rotorua, apart from the frost. I hear you on the traffic. I drove into Hastings at 8.30am last week and I had to wait at least 30 seconds at a round about. I hate traffic! I suspect most shooting types are probably better suited to more rural areas. Where I live I drive 25kms before I hit the first traffic intersection
    gadgetman, Steve123 and rewa like this.