Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Rugers been doin some market research...

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    6.5CM has a lot more market support than .260 for the intended audience of this rifle. Factory match ammunition, increasing popularity in competitions, etc. Remington is intensely retarded and totally dropped the ball on the "precision rifle" potential of the .260, there's next to no market support for it in that role.
    I agree there is more support, but mostly seems to be from Hornady in the ammo department, which is because they helped develop the cartridge (i believe).

260 was forgotten about due to stupid Remington, but it seems to have come back with a vengeance. Most mainstream rifles come with 260 as an option, and with Lapua making brass for it as of recent, I would've said they were equally as popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    I agree there is more support, but mostly seems to be from Hornady in the ammo department, which is because they helped develop the cartridge (i believe).

260 was forgotten about due to stupid Remington, but it seems to have come back with a vengeance. Most mainstream rifles come with 260 as an option, and with Lapua making brass for it as of recent, I would've said they were equally as popular.
    Multiple other companies make 6.5CM ammo aside from Hornady and most of the major American rifle manufacturers make 6.5CM rifles in a variety of styles - hunting rifles as well as precision etc. There's no factory support for .260 in the precision rifle market, aside from like the Tikka T3 CTR. No match ammo from a major manufacturer etc

They are talking of having a 223 change kit , swap out the bolt , barrel , put in a mag adapter & 223 mag .

Multiple other companies make 6.5CM ammo aside from Hornady and most of the major American rifle manufacturers make 6.5CM rifles in a variety of styles - hunting rifles as well as precision etc. There's no factory support for .260 in the precision rifle market, aside from like the Tikka T3 CTR. No match ammo from a major manufacturer etc
    Who other than Savage and Ruger chamber rifles in 6.5 Creedmore? I know Savage and Tikka have multiple options in .260. And as far as factory ammo, Id agree support for the Creedmore is growing, but .260 seems to have more options still (according to Midway), and it does seem to be mainly Hornady.

I'm quite interested in if there is more support for either cartridge as I hope to buy a 6.5 cal of some sort soon and was more or less set on 260. But if there is a case to be made for the Creedmore, I'll start seriously looking at that.
    I like that Lapua makes brass for 260 and it seems Lapua only makes brass for popular calibers they think will stand the test of time.

Edit: I see Accuracy international offers rifles in both cals, so they both must stand a chance of living longer than most wssssssm type loudenboomers.

Who other than Savage and Ruger chamber rifles in 6.5 Creedmore? I know Savage and Tikka have multiple options in .260. And as far as factory ammo, Id agree support for the Creedmore is growing, but .260 seems to have more options still (according to Midway), and it does seem to be mainly Hornady.

I'm quite interested in if there is more support for either cartridge as I hope to buy a 6.5 cal of some sort soon and was more or less set on 260. But if there is a case to be made for the Creedmore, I'll start seriously looking at that.
    I like that Lapua makes brass for 260 and it seems Lapua only makes brass for popular calibers they think will stand the test of time.

Edit: I see Accuracy international offers rifles in both cals, so they both must stand a chance of living longer than most wssssssm type loudenboomers.

You gotta be careful with chamberings that companies stop making factory ammo for... Look at 7 saum...
    Can't even get brass... What a fizza

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Watson View Post
    You gotta be careful with chamberings that companies stop making factory ammo for... Look at 7 saum...
    Can't even get brass... What a fizza
    Exactly why I was steering towards 260, theres a thread on here about the 6.5x47L losing popularity and dont hear anything about 17wsm anymore. but it seems 6.5 Creedmore is gaining popularity and may see the test of time. But Id guess that the 260 is here to stay, after a slow start.

It's a flow down thing... I know it's lame but you need to keep an eye on what's happening in the U.S. If no one is producing .260 then thinking long term I'd go 6.5 creed.

Nothing wrong with .260 ... But there was nothing wrong with 7 saum either.

You forgot the infamous taihape special the 6.5x55!
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Not sure if it has already been posted.

Sniper's Hide - Long Range Shooting, Precision Marksmanship, Gear Testing & Reviews - Scout Front Page

The test rifle looks decent.

If this was out 6 months ago I would be all over it. Suit someone like me wanting to hit targets and going bigger to a centerfire from my 22. Just got a r700 308 yet to shoot it.

DTA,Kimber, T/C, Weatherby, Howa, FN, a bunch of AR10s, basically everyone US except Remington IIRC, a lot of hunting rifles as well as "tactical/precision" and 6.5CM is popular specifically amongst the PRS crowd which is the target market here

I mean I own a .260 it's great but for match/long range ammo doesnt exist except for stuff that costs twice what the Hornady CM ammo costs for some reason

I'd buy the hell out of a 6.5CM if factory ammo was available here for the ~$1 per round it costs in the US

.260 isn't going to die but it's going to lose out in popularity in "precision" circles to 6.5CM I think. There's very little reason to pick .260 over 6.5CM (unless you want a Sako/Tikka)

I'll have one in .308...
    wow looks like a tidy package.
    Save buying a new stock for my Rem700...

R93
    Talking to a mate who is a dealer and has ordered one in .308 for his shop reckons there will not be much change out of $2500

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

That's not bad when a bare XLR chassis is $1800NZ or something
    Dr. Watson likes this.

That's not bad when a bare XLR chassis is $1800NZ or something
    Buy one then and I'll buy your 260...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan M