Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Sako 85 issue

I would have demanded my money back and compensation for any damages/time etc .
    Beretta would not have a leg to stand on in court and above and beyond this individual case the question has to be asked how was the barrel mislabeled and how many others like it are out there in the world .
    If there is any cause to believe that this wasn’t a one off situation then a recall is justified and that will cost the big B alot of money .
    Pull both your finger and your head out Beretta.
    kiwijames likes this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    I would have demanded my money back and compensation for any damages/time etc .
    Beretta would not have a leg to stand on in court and above and beyond this individual case the question has to be asked how was the barrel mislabeled and how many others like it are out there in the world .
    If there is any cause to believe that this wasn’t a one off situation then a recall is justified and that will cost the big B alot of money .
    Pull both your finger and your head out Beretta.

Where it all turns to crap is that as soon as you modify the rifle without written consent it looses its warranty. It lost its warranty prior to the issue coming to light. Obviously the warranty was/will still be honored.
    By requesting reimbursement for a suppressor, threading etc you are requesting reimbursement for "illegal" modifications that were done without consent and that also voided the rifles warranty. (not illegal in the criminal sense, but hopefully you understand what I mean).
    In saying that I have no idea what, if anything, is happening in respect to reimbursement. Im not getting involved. (im not saying there will be no reimbursement, im just trying to provide context)

Process will be followed. All requirements under the consumer guarantees act will be met.
    Last edited by ChrisW; 08-10-2019 at 12:34 PM.
    shift14, Marty Henry and Mathias like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Um.....

[img]IMG_1196 by Sneeze again, on Flickr[/img]
    And here was me just thinking I’d like to see a photo of that
    Frodo likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    Where it all turns to crap is that as soon as you modify the rifle without written consent it looses its warranty. It lost its warranty prior to the issue coming to light. Obviously the warranty was/will still be honored.
    By requesting reimbursement for a suppressor, threading etc you are requesting reimbursement for "illegal" modifications that were done without consent and that also voided the rifles warranty. (not illegal in the criminal sense, but hopefully you understand what I mean).
    In saying that I have no idea what, if anything, is happening in respect to reimbursement. Im not getting involved. (im not saying there will be no reimbursement, im just trying to provide context)

Process will be followed. All requirements under the consumer guarantees act will be met.
    I must admit that I wrongly assumed that the rifle came from the factory threaded for a suppressor and I agree that any warranty was voided the second it was altered.
    But my original question still stands as to how many rifles are like this ( incorrectly stamped on the barrel ) and what actions Sako has done to track the problem down and rectify it ?
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

I understand the warranty but ive never known the threading of the barrel to change the twist

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    I must admit that I wrongly assumed that the rifle came from the factory threaded for a suppressor and I agree that any warranty was voided the second it was altered.
    But my original question still stands as to how many rifles are like this ( incorrectly stamped on the barrel ) and what actions Sako has done to track the problem down and rectify it ?

Im am not aware of any other occurrences of this happening. As far as im aware its an isolated incident. Sako might be aware of other instances (in which case im sure they would investigate and do what was appropriate), but im not.

While this is obviously a big issue and has caused a lot of headache, as supplied the rifle would only experience accuracy issues with certain weight projectiles/ would prefer a different weight projectile than was to be expected; as opposed to being a safety concern on what was supplied as a non-threaded firearm.

This is where it all gets a little murky.....

Using hand loads voids the warranty

Threading for a suppressor voids the warranty

Some reputable wholesalers ignore those two points because they are standard issue in this country, nearly even firearm gets a suppressor & plenty of Guys hand load & they realise bending over from time to time is a better long term outcome than not.

The issue as I see it in this case is the problem was caused by a manufactures defect, ie the wrong twist on the barrel, not a blown primer or overloaded ammo, or crappy muzzle thread....pretty simple really on the face of it.

Its a man made product, shit happens from time to time no matter who the manufacturer is

I have a Kimber barrel that was sent as a replacement for a 280AI that wasn't up to scratch a few years ago, it is marked as 280AI but is in fact a 30-06.....it got a Trueflite on it in the mean time so wasn't needed & is still unused...

Starting to just feel like bait.
    Communications will continue with the end user and I hope for a reasonable outcome all round.
    jakewire, Tahr, veitnamcam and 4 others like this.

every new thing can have issues from time to time, shit happens but its the "putting right" that matters .............................................and that is often forgotten by businesses and long remembered by their former customers.
    Sideshow, Mathias and Frodo like this.