Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree534Likes

Thread: Sako lovers

Attachment 249241
    Attachment 249242
    Attachment 249243[/QUOTE]

That's Beautiful the end.
    Mathias and buzzmann like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    now that is very very special I hope it has a good owner because it really is so bloody nice
    Yes it went to a very good home along with a few others. I don’t mind parting with rifles when they find love!😂

What are those lever actions like? They pop up every now and again over here.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

WTB

Anyone got a L461 or A1 Mannlicher Carbine they want to sell or trade.Ideally in Trebly.Cheers

Cool thread nice Sako rifles everyone.

Name:  IMG_0461.jpeg
Views: 369
Size:  270.5 KB

75 Finnlight 270WSM

Name:  IMG_0460.jpeg
Views: 364
Size:  95.9 KB

A3 375H&H

Name:  IMG_0462.jpeg
Views: 383
Size:  1.40 MB
    691 Long Range 7MM REM MAG
    “I don’t care a damn about these people who can split a pea at three hundred yards. What I want to know about is how good he is on a charging buffalo at six feet."

Philip Percival

The much maligned Sako A7. 20" fluted Hardy 300saum barrel and Stug stock. As good a rifle as I've ever owned and the only ever Sako. Bought from @Dreamer in 270wsm. Will never part with it.

Name:  IMG_2134.JPG
Views: 393
Size:  3.82 MB
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    What are those lever actions like? They pop up every now and again over here.
    A Finnish knock off of the earlier Winchester Model 88.Some parts are interchangeable.A beautifully engineered geared action providing silky smooth mechanical advantage when racking it.Very heavy gatts.Intraguite parts along the lines of a Swiss watch movement.Not ideal for wet NZ bush stalking conditions with all those fine moving parts as they can get fowled with gunk entering the port.Fine intraguite trigger mechanism with the best release of any lever gun.All good stuff to fill in a wet day in a hut to field strip on your seventh brew,til the whole shebang goes twang ,spraying minute parts all over the hut.Hopefully find all those missing parts on brew #9 then try and figure how it all goes back together and function by #11 .Tack drivers like all Sakos,but let themselves down in my opinion by only being feed by a 3 or 4 round box mag negating the point of speedy lever gun follow up shots .The Duke never used one
    Last edited by bluebaiter222; 02-05-2024 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebaiter222 View Post
    A Finnish knock off of the earlier Winchester Model 88.Some parts are interchangeable.A beautifully engineered geared action providing silky smooth mechanical advantage when racking it.Very heavy gatts.Intraguite parts along the lines of a Swiss watch movement.Not ideal for wet NZ bush stalking conditions with all those fine moving parts as they can get fowled with gunk entering the port.Fine intraguite trigger mechanism with the best release of any lever gun.All good stuff to fill in a wet day in a hut to field strip on your seventh brew,til the whole shebang goes twang ,spraying minute parts all over the hut.Hopefully find all those missing parts on brew #9 then try and figure how it all goes back together and function by #11 .Tack drivers like all Sakos,but let themselves down in my opinion by only being feed by a 3 or 4 round box mag negating the point of speedy lever gun follow up shots .The Duke never used one
    Thanks for the explanation.

I have always been a bit curious about them.

Sako 85 .270 in Africa. Elephant print for scale haha
    Name:  Screenshot_20240429_184247_Chrome.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  582.9 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20240429_184117_Chrome.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  469.5 KB
    Philipo, dogmatix, Tahr and 11 others like this.
    "That is ever the way of the Highlander. He alters like a clear pool to every mood of the sky, so that the shallow observer knows not how deep the waters are."

Bos
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    now that is very very special I hope it has a good owner because it really is so bloody nice
    Absolutely beautiful rifle from back in the day. Always dreamed about owning one but way above my paygrade. After a fair bit of use mechanical issues let them down so their reliability and demand was poor.
    Still, 50 years on I still think they're a classic. Probably don't need both balls these days so would gladly swap one for a Finnwolf
    Mathias and rewa like this.

I adore the L46, 461, Vixen and A1 models in 222 / 223.

My only complaint is the mag box length for 223 and a lack of feed ramp when using 223 with flat nosed projectiles in the 55-62gr weight range.

The overall weight for such a small package is something I think could be improved, hence the carbon stock.
    matagouri, Mathias, rewa and 2 others like this.
    Warm Barrels!

Bos
    Can you buy a carbon stock for a L461?

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos View Post
    Can you buy a carbon stock for a L461?
    They are as rare as a Carbonlite 223
    Hi have a Stug on mine.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
    7mmsaum, Dreamer and Bos like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bos View Post
    Absolutely beautiful rifle from back in the day. Always dreamed about owning one but way above my paygrade. After a fair bit of use mechanical issues let them down so their reliability and demand was poor.
    Still, 50 years on I still think they're a classic. Probably don't need both balls these days so would gladly swap one for a Finnwolf
    How much do they change hands for back home?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    My Sako TRG M10
    Attachment 249074
    Ok, you win this thread. Those TRG's are bloody nice, but I do contest that Sako forgot to include the trolley for the porters to drag the thing behind you...
    BRADS and rewa like this.