Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Sako stock oil

Quote Originally Posted by The bomb View Post
    Have heard if you put armourall on first them tru oil it makes it go off reall quick and you can do several coats in a day,some sort of chemical reaction.
    Yes. Rimfire central recipe.

If it's a matt or satin finish stock, you'll need a soft oil like Schaftol which soaks into the grain, but only apply light coats and allow to fully dry for a day or two. Then simply buff with a soft cloth like flannelette.

If it's a more high gloss finish, then you'll need a hard oil like Nill Griffe. Only apply in very light coats, as it drys like a varnish of sorts, and allow to fully dry for several days before soft buffing with a cloth. This is often used on high end pistol grips.

Both products are made in Germany, and unsure where you purchase in NZ, but Hermans Guns in Victoria, Australia were happy to airmail these to me 18 months ago.

Finally got some time to post a few pics of my SO4 that I touched up after four years of use.
    Had a few small marks and dents that I sanded and lifted out. Then recoated with the recipe that I posted. Here’s the end result.
    Name:  76795FE3-4ABF-4737-9F5A-F1B122B36B48.jpeg
Views: 281
Size:  2.08 MB
    Name:  82B0255C-9476-4DFE-9424-83681AE81253.jpeg
Views: 312
Size:  2.13 MB

Here’s a pic of the cast has to be well bent for me to shoot straight
    Name:  87031191-FF50-4B5C-9EF1-DEC560521684.jpeg
Views: 255
Size:  1.86 MB
    25 /08 IMP, 10-Ring, Tommy and 3 others like this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.