Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By kiwijames

Thread: Sako vixen 223

Sako vixen 223

Would it be possible to turn a sako vixen, into a sako 223. Where would the best place to get this done. Any ideas of the aprox cost. Cheers.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Is there really enough of a difference between the two to make it worth while?
    If you really want a 223 rather than bastardise a sought after classic just sell it and/or buy another rifle in 223.
    kokako, rob270, BRADS and 1 others like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

The sako vixens came out in 223 as well... i have one

I know I seen yours gillie... Nice rig, yip and there is I diff between 223 and 222, kiwijames if I had wanted a vixen in 222 i would have had one by now. Thanks tho

Quote Originally Posted by sakokid View Post
    Would it be possible to turn a sako vixen, into a sako 223. Where would the best place to get this done. Any ideas of the aprox cost. Cheers.
    Simple re barrelling job. Usually no mag alterations required on the sakos. I'm doing one at the moment for a customer, as old 222 barrel was shot out.
    Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but that doesn't mean that every opinion is right.

Quote Originally Posted by dfmaisey View Post
    Simple re barrelling job. Usually no mag alterations required on the sakos. I'm doing one at the moment for a customer, as old 222 barrel was shot out.
    And it's an opportunity to go for a faster twist than the 1:14, if you want to use heavier projectiles.

Just be aware if you went with a faster twist to use the heavier pills that you will be limited by the mag length, theres not an overly great deal of room in them.

That's a good point Dreamer.

If you do find one make sure that the barrel is good. I bought one off a guy on the other forum which I had to get rebarreled. The seller said it was 8 out of 10. He didn't want anything to do with it afterwards, Dickhead. My own fault tho for buying it after only seeing pictures.