Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Scope for .22

I dont know never tried to find out, sn#75409 if you have access to that info I would really like to know its DOB.
    Regards John

Name:  Czech scope 3x.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  132.9 KB
    Name:  Brno.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  421.1 KB
    Last edited by john m; 17-01-2013 at 02:37 PM.

the year is printed on the part of the barrel that meets the action, then on the action again.

the simmons come in plenty of different models, i wouldnt trust them on my heavy recoiling centerfires but on a 22 they are clear and crisp and a good working scope that has taken a hammering and held zero.
    i got it when buying a rem700 as part of a package and liked it so much i baught another off trademe

Thank you Bill

now have you guys looked down the bores on your model 1s to see if they are 6 or 12 grove barrels?

Mine is a 6 groove.

Awesome John, mine unfortunately isn't in as good condition as yours is as it was a working rifle on my Grandfathers farm and rode every day in the landrover so has quite a few scrapes and dings in the stock and virtually no blueing left, gives i character though!
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

I rekin that is what they were made for. fit for purpose and well used

Mine is also 6

Name:  picket (674 x 509).jpg
Views: 260
Size:  68.4 KB
    View through scope

Thinking about grabbing this for the .22, fixed 6x40 and it will suit the rifle better than something more modern looking.

6x40 Miroku | Trade Me

Anyone had any experience with Miroku scopes? There is bugger all info on them but if they are anything like their shotguns they should be ok?
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."