Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Senator vs SG

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Guessing you haven't progressed the other one... I know where that vixen stock went if you want to make enquiries
    Nah I'm not really keen on the 75 style

High Tech is probably gone forever

Bugger...

customrifles.txt

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    customrifles.txt
    Ha I think it's just you bro... Your defiantly not Irish anyway...

Abe got me a senator that has a nice palm swell, high comb, long LOP, no butt hook and slim hunter style fore end that is absolutely mint for me.

Tried every stock possible before settling on this. I actually rate the HTG higher so got one of those coming too. Because someone sold the first one before he told me it had arrived.

Again, if your about, have a feelio.

Chris

sneakywaza I got
    Had a Stug stock on order, after several months and having to chase, gave up and got a Senator, four weeks later, had my rifle back, bedded ready to go, had Jason put a fleck stone finish on it, so no carbon look. Very tidy work, you get what you pay for

You certainly get what you pay for, cosmetically you can't really compare the two. Practically they both do the same thing.
    If money's no object get a senator. Otherwise the sg stocks certainly save weight.

I've got a astug ordered for my A7. He was straight with me about the wait time. Up to a year. It was my choice to say yes or no. I chose yes. It's ready and taken about 8 months I think. Great value.
    Nick-D likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    Had a Stug stock on order, after several months and having to chase, gave up and got a Senator, four weeks later, had my rifle back, bedded ready to go, had Jason put a fleck stone finish on it, so no carbon look. Very tidy work, you get what you pay for
    You aren't being entirely truthful with what happened.
    You first PM'd me on the 18.4.2014 enquiring about a stock for a Rem 700 short action. I replied and told you it would be a 7-8 month wait (which would put me starting on 18.11.2014), to which you agreed to go on the waitlist.
    You then PM'd on 3.6.14 asking how long it was now, to which I replied 4 months (which would put it 3.10.14)
    You then pM'd on the 27.7.14 to which I replied you were 7th on the list.
    You then PM'd again on the 13.9.14 asking how long. I noticed you had switched from wanting a Rem 700 SA to a Rem Model 7. I had just started a model 7 stock for another customer that day. I replied that I would start it the next weekend and we discussed how many layers of carbon fibre you wanted and what sort of recoil pad you wanted.
    I started your stock the next weekend, 20.9.14 , nearly 2 months earlier than the 7-8 months i first quoted.

Then on the 12.10.14 you PM"d me
    "Stu,

You obviously have far too many to do and are too stretched, have now given up on this and gone in a different direction,take me off your waiting list.

Andy."

to which I replied
    "I'm not quite sure what you are on about Andy. As I stated in my last message to you on the 13th September I was going to start it the following weekend, which I did. I was going to get in touch with you today to say send your rifle out so I can bed it in and finish off the stock. But I see you tried to sell your rifle on the 21st September and it looks like you have sold it to Gibo yesterday."

MSL
    Smoked him

Lol.... Good comeback stug.

Luckily you are only doing it part time and don't have to deal with that sort of crap all the time.
    Kiwi Greg likes this.

A bit off topic, but i did see a good prototype carbon stock from an outfit in the waikato recently. Not sure who it was from, but the quality of the finish and inletting was very good, as good as the mcmillans, and with a very hard high quality filler.

If i had to wait more than 4-6 months i would get a mcmillan though. I have seen a few of the others too, by the way....

Well if its just lying around @stug

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaimai Views View Post
    A bit off topic, but i did see a good prototype carbon stock from an outfit in the waikato recently. Not sure who it was from, but the quality of the finish and inletting was very good, as good as the mcmillans, and with a very hard high quality filler.

If i had to wait more than 4-6 months i would get a mcmillan though. I have seen a few of the others too, by the way....
    Kiwi compersite stocks, new ones that use to be called local compersite stocks. They do look nice I hope there customer service has changed with the name to tho. Have been in touch with Steve as well.
    kiwijames likes this.

PM inbound.