Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree26Likes
  • 1 Post By stug
  • 3 Post By Jhon
  • 1 Post By cambo
  • 3 Post By dannyb
  • 11 Post By Nugget connaisseur
  • 4 Post By woods223

Thread: Shooters supplies hornby

Shooters supplies hornby

I hear shooters supplies has been bought by Dave tipple, anybody else heard that?

dannyb likes this.

Why we should look after the likes of Magnum Sports in Stratford, Taranaki.
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

if you wish to discuss it might i suggest you do it privately gents

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....-topics-78351/
    #DANNYCENT

Following the owners’ decision to close the shop, Gun City has bought Shooters Supplies Ltd.

All the stock has been transferred to Gun City Sockburn on the Blenheim Rd roundabout at 155 Main South Rd, Christchurch.

All staff chose to accept employment elsewhere rather than remain with the company.

Items that were for sale on behalf that were not transferred or collected by owners, have been moved to Gun City Sockburn and will be available for collection from Monday 8th May.

The shop on Carmen Rd is now closed permanently.
    mudgripz likes this.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by OGM View Post
    Can you please explain the relevance of the link to this? Or feel free to PM me. The implication of this link would certainly push my position further but I also prefer to deal in facts.
    qouted from the link

"The NZHS Forum aims to provide a mature environment which promotes legal, responsible firearms practises. The discussion or promotion of illegal activities is prohibited and members may not post abusive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable content - This includes any grieviences with authorities or firearms dealers, as such matters are best kept between the parties involved.

Again this Forum is not the place to raise these problems AS THEY CANNOT BE SOLVED HERE. Take it up with the vendor, Consumer affairs or whatever Administrative Tribunal is appropriate."

My understanding is basically if you want to shit talk about dealers justified or not this is not the place for it, we have lost valuable members over this very issue so please just leave it be or talk about it in private
    Growlybear, flock and RV1 like this.
    #DANNYCENT

Love or hate GC. Tipple did throw down a large chunck kf change in legal fees standing up for us firearms owners. And as far as I'm aware. Didn't throw another competitor under the bus at the same time. So everyone was gaining from that.

I support local where i can. Franchise / larger corporations have their downsides
    7mmwsm, C404, BRADS and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget connaisseur View Post
    Love or hate GC. Tipple did throw down a large chunck kf change in legal fees standing up for us firearms owners. And as far as I'm aware. Didn't throw another competitor under the bus at the same time. So everyone was gaining from that.

I support local where i can. Franchise / larger corporations have their downsides

Have known David Tipple since he first started Gun City. Always struck me as being an ok guy, he’s been a passionate family man over the years and is equally passionate about firearms ownership and use in NZ. Over the years he’s spent a bit of coin on sponsorship and promotion of gun sports, more than most can say. He’s out to make money but that’s the name of the game. Fair enough a fair percentage of his employees in the various shops are prize cocks but there’s also some excellent ones, again like any business. Hunting and Fishing are the same. Anyway shop where you like. I tend to deal within NZ and support NZ companies, not use them to check goods fit for purpose then order overseas like a number of members on here and general public.