Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Siamese Mauser 45/70

Hi all,

New member here. Ive acquired a 303/25 and a 45/70 rifle which ive been told is a Siamese Mauser. Im after a floor plate, follower spring and follower so I can have a magazine. Having to load a round singulary every time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi yeetziy, nice looking rifles I too hunt with 303-25 and a 45/70 love reloading for them both , good luck with what you are looking for .

It is a very commonly missing/borrowed part. I've seen a few Siamese Mausers missing the guts from the magazine in this country, I can only assume because they're excellent conversion components for other guns maybe?

Which rifle do you prefer hunting with? Im going out for the first time in about a month. I prefer how the 303-25 shoots. But havent hunted before.

Yeah im not sure. I know that my father purchased it off Din Collings from Wellington. Maybe cause they follower needs to be modified for the 45/70 round?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeetziy View Post
    Yeah im not sure. I know that my father purchased it off Din Collings from Wellington. Maybe cause they follower needs to be modified for the 45/70 round?
    No, these were a popular conversion to 45-70 because the magazine including follower needed zero modification. My theory is that maybe it's been borrowed to help convert other rifles to a rimmed cartridge? It's a weak theory though because why they wouldn't have used a P14 mag instead is another matter.

I like using 303-25 for day time hunts and 45/70 with thermal at night .

Cheers for that. Do you have any info on reloading the 303-25. Unfortunately old man told me to google it haha