Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Sig Sauer BDX Demo

veitnamcam likes this.
    Warm Barrels!

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    hahahaha, yeah right, maybe on the day that there is no wind, or whoever drives the range finder becomes a guru at estimating wind speed.

back in the real world...

I kinda feel there is a bit missing from that video.

what was the size of the target ? was it 1 moa or 10 moa ?
    the fleeting thru-the-scope view right at the end was not all that clear, not sure which dot was supposed to be aligned with the target...
    does the system take into account wind hold-off as well as elevation, or just elevation ?
    10" gong @ebf

That would make it a 2 MOA target.

The system is designed for hunter who can shoot 1.5-2 MOA and who don't normally shoot past 200 yards. If you are already dialling this is not for you.

It displays wind holds as well, based on the wind you input into the application or LRF. If the in scope photo was not clear, pause it. Or google the product for yourself.

The Kilo2400 and Kilo3000 (Binos) can be linked to a Kestrel 5700 which will then use AB Elite and give you a dot and solution for as far as you can range. This would be great for LR shooting and varminting.

As the scopes are SFP the dot moves as you adjust the power and will blink at the bottom of the reticle if you need to zoom out.
    ebf likes this.
    Warm Barrels!

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 300_BLK View Post
    Thats got it, thanks.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

KA717
    Does anyone know if the 2400BDX has similar performance in terms of ranging targets than the 2400ABS? In terms of ranging deer, reflective etc.
    I understand the ABS model has a more advanced version applied ballistics inbuilt and is much more advanced in terms of calculating ballistic solutions but i can't seem to find proper specifications on the BDX model. If anyone can point me in the right direction or let me know that'd be wicked.

Im thinking about pre ordering the 6.5-20 with the 2400 combo. Im in the market for a new rangefinder and was thinking about dropping a fair bit of coin on one. (Buy once, cry once). Im an LR hunter so am pretty familiar with dialing and creating solutions using ballistic apps and creating dope charts but this combo could let me bring someone out in the field who isn't so familiar lend them my .308 which is where the scope will live and gain an understanding of holdovers and place longer shots on game without me having to dial for them but i can still use the rangefinder to range targets further out and use my own ballistic solutions on my LR gun.

If im way off please put me on the right track .

If you have a kestrel 5700 AB you can pair it to the Kilo BDX 2400 and get a solution as far as you can range: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw_bZCWWguQ

Same performance as the Kilo2400ABS. These are the details from the Brownells website for the kilobdx2400 https://www.brownells.com/optics-mou...rod119072.aspx

Battery: CR2

Color: O.D. Green

Magnification: 7

Objective Size: 25mm

Range; Deer: 1400 Yards

Range; Reflective: 3400 Yards

Range; Tree: 1800 Yards

Weight: 7.50 oz
    Warm Barrels!