Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Remmodel7

Thread: Sig Sauer kilo 3000 rangefinder Bino's

Sig Sauer kilo 3000 rangefinder Bino's

Been looking at these and reading all the reviews i can find .So i thought i'd ask if any one here had any thoughts on them , or is using them .So they can tell me if all the hype about these is right . Thanks Wayno

Just been given this to look at
    Only watched half of it thus far and prob pay for you to have a look from what I have seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sELxeqkU54U

Own and use, Very impressed. Friends have looked through and comment on how good the glass is.

Interesting he didn’t rate the Sigs at dusk (I actually thought he was going to jizz himself at one point lol)
    Can you get the Delta LRFs in NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Just been given this to look at
    Only watched half of it thus far and prob pay for you to have a look from what I have seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sELxeqkU54U

Quote Originally Posted by stu#71 View Post
    Interesting he didn’t rate the Sigs at dusk (I actually thought he was going to jizz himself at one point lol)
    Can you get the Delta LRFs in NZ?
    They are here already !!
    We have our own NZ Agent for Delta now
    Scopes - Bino's - Spotting Scopes - Mini Dot - Multi Dot etc

I will demo a pair of these at next Sunday's Range shoot in Nelson

I am taking orders now for December delivery of this model

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....out-1st-66767/

Quote Originally Posted by wayno View Post
    Been looking at these and reading all the reviews i can find .So i thought i'd ask if any one here had any thoughts on them , or is using them .So they can tell me if all the hype about these is right . Thanks Wayno
    my dad has a pair, awesome bit of kit, excellent at ranging, well worth the money.
    Muckos Shooting accessories and engineering https://www.facebook.com/aimnzengineering/

Yup I have one. Glass seems great to me. Better than anything else I have had but im no expert.
    Ranging capabilities are off the chart. Furthest I have ranged is 4700 odd yards. Further then I will ever need I think.
    Bdx function is awesome. I have about 5 different loads programmed into it for different loads and different rifles. Don't need a phone once profile is loaded onto the binos.
    Does away with charts and no need for cds turrets.
    Just range. Moa comes up. Dial and shoot.

Thanks guys for the input. Remmodel7 how easy is it to set up the BDX function ? given im not the worlds greatest with hi tech gizmo's .

Was pretty easy from memory. You download the free app. Then when you open it and go to connect the 2 the binos give you a code. Punch that in and you are away. You only have to do this once. Then they pretty much just tell you what to do as you use them. Make a profile. Press range button on bunks and then they will be the one stored on the binos. Also have a very good you tube video on seeing them up

I have the BDX system - but not the binos unfortunately - you'll need some basic load info for the app to ensure it's accuracy - a chrono is helpful. Once you've set it up it's great, just range and shoot. As noted above, once load profile is loaded to the rangefinder it talks to the scope without the app - however with the app on your phone in the field you can enter wind etc and it will automatically adjust altititude and temp settings. Good piece of kit IMO.

You don't need a sig scope either. I just use it to give me my moa then fail from there. In terms of load data you really only need the basic stuff. Bc, bullet weight zero distance. You can then guess the velocity and then once zeroed fire a group at a set range. The app has a speed calculator. Just measure the distance your group is high or low and it will re calculate your true velocity. Really simple
    Snowhawk and jono7 like this.

I have a pair, and once ballistic info is entered and validated, the solutions out to 800 are accurate.
    One issue though, when in the Manson country in December, they kept going out of focus on the diopters of both barrels. Wondered what was going on until I saw the focus wheels winding out by themselves.....ended up having to tape them. Any other owners had this happen?
    Cheers