Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By camenzie
  • 1 Post By Kiwihunter

Thread: SIG Sierra Tango BDX 3-18x44 any one running one of these?

SIG Sierra Tango BDX 3-18x44 any one running one of these?

Interested in any comments (good or bad) from real world use ? Glass quality & performance, say compared to VX6 or VX5 or similar? They are quite heavy scopes looking at the specs. BDX system & reticle? Seem like a nice concept, how does it work in a hunting situation ( open tops or longer range say 5-600 yards

I don’t have the scope but use a SIG 300 bdx bino/range finder. I understand the BDX system and interface is standardised across all of their products. It works really well for me. Connects to the app on my phone instantly, better than any other bluetooth device I have. Only need to do that to update bullet ballistics or update the device for weather conditions / altitude, which the ballistic calculator then takes into account for the solution. In terms of glass it was surprisingly good. I’ve compared it to my mates Swaro EL10x42s and there’s not too much in it, just the swaros have a bit more clarity in low light.I got the bino range finder to reduce the number of steps in my long range process: find the deer in binos, find in range finder and range, do solution on phone, find in scope, shoot. Now its binos, range, and solution in one device. Am tempted to get one of their scopes to reduce that even further. Let us know what you decide.
    chainsaw likes this.

Iv set the scope you mentioned up for a a mate and they seem like good gear that’s fast and easy once up and running but we are yet to test it
    He’s running it on a 300wm so I’m keen to see how good it goes out at proper long range

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks @Bill999 is the scope paired up with SIG BDX RF or binos ? Be good to hear how it works out

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    Thanks @Bill999 is the scope paired up with SIG BDX RF or binos ? Be good to hear how it works out
    Yeah the whole bdx2 system
    Seperate range finder that Bluetooths to the scope and lights up your aim point
    I like the system to be honest but I only sorted it out for him rather than knowing what it costs.
    I’ll be doing some more with it in some side by side practice some time soon but probably not soon enough to be useful to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the sig sierra 6 bdx 3-18X44 combined with the kilo 3000 binos.
    Used it a bit and it works very well and quick. Shot a goat at 470m after getting the drop sorted out beforehand and a few deer closer. Glass is clear, not swarovski z8i material but not much is lol. The sierra 6 series is better than the 3 series mainly due to the lines going across the reticle in the 3 series. I set using the app the temp and baro when I get to the hunting block and away I go. I also have a kestrel 5700 elite that hooks up to the kilo 3000 if I need to but for most hunting situations don't need it.
    chainsaw likes this.