Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By blip
  • 3 Post By winchesterM69A
  • 2 Post By garyp
  • 2 Post By garyp
  • 1 Post By blip
  • 1 Post By kotuku

Thread: slazenger mod 55

slazenger mod 55

Picked up a couple of rifles to muck around with before the rego kicked in. Bought wife a nice tidy parker hale 243. The other one was an old beaten up a bit slazenger mod 55 to do as a bit of a project. All ive done to it so far is take it apart and give it a good clean and lube and thread it and touch the crown up and fitted an old jap 4x40 tasco. Managed to get out today with the 55 for a bit of a sight in and try some different types of ammo in it to see what it liked. Day was less than ideal as it was windy as shit with the target flapping around like cloths on a cloths line. I was shooting into the wind at 25m so didn't need to worry about shots drifting sideways. After the sight in with some golden bullets I tried a few other brands I had highland subs, power points hv and subs, win333. what a surprising little shooter this rifle is, shot all the ammo to the same poa and all of it chewed the center out of each target I used, also tried it out on a 100mm steel plate at 100m after I figured out hold over I was consistently smacking that as well. I've only had one other 22lr that has ever done that. So not quite sure what to do with it but might give it a reblue and tidy the stock up a bit.....
    Tentman, Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

Banned
    Old .22 rifles often shoot above their cosmetic weight . Made in a time when people cared about the rifle , and hoe it was assembled.
    Micky Duck, Finnwolf and blip like this.

Can send you an article about the rifle if you want. These Lithgow made rifles are superbly accurate.
    kristopher and Micky Duck like this.

That would be good @garyp. Ive read somewhere the barrels where made from 303 blanks.

I've been trying to put pics up but phone wont switch to full mode. Can put another odd one up if anyones interested

Send name and address and I will post to you. I also have a few spare parts, including a couple of stocks.
    Micky Duck and blip like this.

ŹName:  20230701_151935.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  2.40 MB
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by garyp View Post
    Can send you an article about the rifle if you want. These Lithgow made rifles are superbly accurate.
    Garyp

Is there any chance of a copy as well,thanks Mate

Quote Originally Posted by blip View Post
    Dont shag about BLIP-that rig would be just the thing for small ga me a nd a few knocks and scratches just enhances her legacy!splendid way to deliver possum contraception is that!
    blip likes this.

I was thinking of just giving the stock a rub over with bees wax