Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tuidog

Thread: Smaĺl fixed power scope options - Again

Smaĺl fixed power scope options - Again

Gidday all.

The CZ 527 in 6.8SPC that Ive recently worked up is a absolute honey, small, light and oh boy does it shoot. With the load I prefer its a 300M proposition, other folks have nailed animals further out with the 6.8SPC and Ive shot mine to 400Y on gongs with consistent hits on a 100mm gong but I think its running out of "puff" to drop animals at that distance.

So I want to optimize the package now with a compact (small, light) fixed 4x scope - 4x is plenty of magnification for me at 300M.

I have an IOR 4x, the glass is superlative, and its fairly small, but not as light as a Leupold 4x. Both have a plex style reticle.

However to shoot to 300M with the trajectory of the 6.8 a ballistic style reticle would be a big advantage and allow the full potential of the rifles accuracy in pkacing shots - a Mil dot would be ideal!

So does anybody know of a fixed 4x scope with superb glass and a mil-dot reticle (or the like)!

Cheers

Nothing on 4x but SWFA has a 6x with MilDot reticle.

Oh yeah, I'd gorgotten about them and my google fu didnt raise it. Cheers

Use one of your little Kahles

Yes I do have a Kahles 4x but the IOR is the same size and better glass . ... (its a much more modern scope)

have a look at the elcheapho ranger 3x9 that gunshitty sell (did I just type that??) there is one on the 6.5x55 AMLNZ is trying to giveaway in buy sell section...and it surprised the hell out of me as to how good it was....they may have smaller fixed power versions.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I borrowed a rifle for a look see and it was wearing a very nice Vortex spitfire 3x. If I was on the hunt for a low powered scope that would be on my shortlist. I dont know if they do w 4x or 6x but could be worth a peek. I know Shooters supplies here in Honrby had them. But I am sure there will be someone down your way too.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

I like the concept, smaller low powered scopes on a work rifle. One of the best I've seen over the years was a Burris 6X, had the same field of view as my 4X, and great in dull light. As for mil dot, Im not sure whats available. But if you ever want to part with the IOR, Im all ears!

Naracoorte South Australia/From South Canterbury
    Request to the leupold custom shop for 4x with a boone and crockett reticle or mildot? Nioa in Brisbane could do it/
    Bagheera likes this.

Just get the Subtension numbers and you can sight in at 200 and use the top of the post for longer shots (and halfway also). Still need an accurate range. My Weaver 4.75x40 was about 350 to top of post from
    memory