Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Smith and Wesson ar15

Hey Digit, What brand 7 round mag is reliable & function in the Core15 you sold me on Trademe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Digit View Post
    As above, Forward Assist is very useful for hunting. You can ride the bolt home quietly and ensure its in battery.

AR value in order for the sub 1700 category. We've had all these either for sale or in for repairs/upgrades at some stage.
    1) Core15 $1499. Milspec Bolt, 4150CMV Barrel (preferred over 4140), low profile gas block, magpul forend, forward assist, dust cover.
    2) DPMS Oracle $1699. Has railed gas block, 4140 barrel. Gas block needs to be replaced if you want to free float the barrel (most common upgrade after trigger)
    3) S&W $1695. No forward Assist, No Dust Cover. Front sight post - a common upgrade is to also remove this for free float barrel. Old models had 5R rifling I think. NZ ones dont.
    4) Gun City thing. $1499 and up. Plastic Lower. Poor machining. Apparently accurate though. Front Sight Post.

As far as Im aware of the Spear Mags are the only 7 rounders available in NZ.

Spear 7 round mags work brilliant in DPMS and other ARs.

Tactical Imports has Lancer 7 rounders, I would get them over the Spears, but he is asking $75 each.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    Spear 7 round mags work brilliant in DPMS and other ARs.
    My AR came with a different 7 round plastic mag that isn't the same as current Spear mags. I think brought three spears but they don't hold the bolt open when the mag is empty so not that impressed.

Does someone have a link to the tactical imports \ lancer ones? $75 isn't that much more...

What the world really needs is a metal 7 round mag so you can seat your pills further out. That or sensible gun laws that let me own normal magazines....

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    That or sensible gun laws that let me own normal magazines....
    Would you like a unicorn with that order sir?
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

res
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    My AR came with a different 7 round plastic mag that isn't the same as current Spear mags. I think brought three spears but they don't hold the bolt open when the mag is empty so not that impressed.

Does someone have a link to the tactical imports \ lancer ones? $75 isn't that much more...

What the world really needs is a metal 7 round mag so you can seat your pills further out. That or sensible gun laws that let me own normal magazines....
    This guy does them for $55
    http://usaguns.co.nz/LANCER.php
    Using Tapatalk