Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Some help pricing some items for sale from deceased estate

Quote Originally Posted by -BW- View Post
    Now you're being silly dude.
    Firstly I already own a pile of reloading gear, and I don't shoot .308. I bought the powder and primers they had and gave them $400 for a start.
    They will get cash for the rest, its just plain odd to suggest otherwise. I'm only trying to put a fair value on it.
    FYI, the PMC projectiles and half the live ammo have been sold. Theres $500 already right there.
    Did you even look at the pictures or is this a wind up? C'mon man I don't know why you think reloading gear is useless because its dirty and that projectiles and live ammo is junk.
    Good for you! Well said
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Quote Originally Posted by Jhon View Post
    Ya know, one man's junk is another man's treasure. I've been given boxes of this stuff in the past, cleaned and sorted it, kept and used some, moved some on to deserving hands, junked a small amount. If you want to stick it all in a box and drop off in NP I'll give you something for it. Won't be much but it won't go to waste. PM me if interested.
    Thanks for the offer Jhon but live ammo is $1 a round minimum any day of the week.
    The yellow toolbox and the jacket will probably be given away by the end I expect but that's not up to me to decide. I'm just trying to help someone out.
    Jhon likes this.

Do you have a price on the beam scales? I know a young fella after some. Can pass on price to him
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Quote Originally Posted by Jhon View Post
    Do you have a price on the beam scales? I know a young fella after some. Can pass on price to him
    I'll PM you, don't want to run afoul of the forum rules and turn this into a sale thread.
    I will relist in the buy/sell tomorrow anyway I think useful feedback on this thread has concluded
    Bol Tackshin likes this.

Just an update from my faded reloading notebook. Army sold about a zillion rounds in 1990. Lots 1 through to 15 of MEN 85. I ended up simply pulling the projos, not even neck resizing and seating 130 gn Hornady flat bases on top of the existing powder for a velocity of 2920fps out of a 22 inch barrel. Shot a shit ton of deer with them.

five shots of MEN85 with their 147gn fmj over the crony resulted in 2785, 2778,2774,2772,2780 fps. Not bad for gpmg ammo!!!

Oh, and the brass is just that: brass, not brass wash over steel
    Last edited by XR500; 22-05-2023 at 07:56 PM.
    m101a1 likes this.