Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BRADS

Thread: Steiner Optics.

Steiner Optics.

I thought I might get a few guys that use Steiner optics to say what they like or dislike about the brand.
    For the last three and a half decades plus I've been a huge fan of German optics,found them to be well up there with the best (my opinion).
    My favoured pair of Steiner for general hunting use started with the Safari 8x30's ,a borrowed pair that were finally returned two yrs later my mate at the time had two pair and plenty of dosh,bless his sole
    Thar were the flavour of the day for many years and I quickly learned that a pair of 10x were better suited,( my opinion)but ended up with a set of Russian made,not Steiner that I had fallen deep in love with
    Anyways the Russians did the job,but wasn't as sharp as those Steiners were.
    One day a dude I knew well asked if I wanted a cheap pair of Steiner 12x40 bino's. I reckoned they'd be the bees knees for using from the vehicle,but a little heavy for dangling around my neck.I grabbed them quick,shit I now owned my own Steiners.
    I still have those 12x Steiners today,love em still.
    And to keep them happy I recently purchased a pair of compact 10x26 Steiners. They are so bloody sharp you'd need to carry bandaids,light as a feather and are good enough in failing light,better than many other brands I've gorked through.
    Any ways guys n girls who has Steiner? and what do you think?

I had a pair of Steiners for quite a few years. 8x30 Hunter model. Son still uses them, and they are good to better than average binos. But when people ask a question like this one, I always want to ask back “what model, compared with what other brand”? Mine are better than Nikon and not as good as ZenRay ed2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I had a pair of Steiners for quite a few years. 8x30 Hunter model. Son still uses them, and they are good to better than average binos. But when people ask a question like this one, I always want to ask back “what model, compared with what other brand”? Mine are better than Nikon and not as good as ZenRay ed2.
    I should have put the model in, they ( 10x26 ) are called (Wildlife) They have a new feature,Fast close focus system.I compared them with Leicia 10x compact for example and they were well and truly up with them but less $'s. Other American brands (compact) 10x ) just didn't come on as sharp,true colour,almost three D clearity.

Compacts don't suit everyone but those that do favour them do so for a reason one way or another,these are my choice and like I say,this thread is all about Steiner.

ps I guess Bino's can be a little like woman,you can clearly see through some but not other's.

I had the safari pro 8x30, first semi decent set binos I had, now I would rate the glass as average, but they did find a lot of deer
    My only hate was each eye had a focus on it, no locks, you put them down your shirt, 5 min latter you'd have to refocus each eye, that was there biggest downfall.
    veitnamcam likes this.

I keep a set of 8x30 Safaris in my truck. Carbinos