Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Stump
  • 1 Post By matto1234
  • 1 Post By AR7

Thread: Suppressor/Break combo recommendations

Suppressor/Break combo recommendations

Suppressor/Break combo recommendations
    Anyone had a good play with some of the suppressors with a brake on the end of them? Seen some options are available now (APW, A-etc etc) and was wondering if anyone has had a play enough to compare to comparable suppressors or even brakes in terms of recoil reduction/maintaining sight picture?

More looking for one for competition use as not a fan of the concussion from brakes from a full days comp shooting but also interested in hunting models as I wouldn’t mind a little more noise if it have a reasonable amount less recoil.

Cheers

Been around a few, they still have a felt milder thump, less of a crack whilst being reasonable quiet still. Highly recommend flow through cans if you're going to string 10 rounds through one with a reasonable magnification optics. (You probably still won't see shit)
    3hundred win mag likes this.

Following

I think you are talking about something like the AIMSPORT TRITON 42 OVER BARREL SUPPRESSOR?
    I brought this from Delta Mike as it was explained to me that it was a suppressor with a built in muzzle break. Now I am no engineer but there is an internal structure which looks like a muzzle break, nothing like the DPT I have on another rifle. I enjoy shooting with it but because it is on a shortened 6.5 CR which is a milder calibre anyway I probably don’t get the benefit that a larger calibre would get.
    It seems to machined to a very high standard and overall a quality pice of equipment

Banned
    The US military has developed one and has a patent on it, which is likely why we dont see them

Maniatis gunsmiths in nz is playing around with them, have a look on the facebook page.
    3hundred win mag likes this.

AR7
    Hi Guys Name:  20230830_133951.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  2.98 MB is this what you asking about

AR7
    Name:  20230830_133939.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  2.94 MB
    i made this up for another time , long ago when there were Semi,s 300 Blackout
    it was because the smoke from subsonic ammo was that bad that you couldnt see the target
    Very much like Black Powder shooting hahaa
    TimC likes this.