Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By MSL
  • 1 Post By chchben

Thread: Swarovski EL

Swarovski EL

Has any one brought these while traveling through Austria. Wondering if they are any cheaper over there as we are going through there and Switzerland in September.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Have look at Kettner, they might not be the cheapest but work out your converting rates.check euro optics in the USA as well.
    Swarovski Fernglas EL 10x50 Swarovision - kettner.com

MSL
    I found most hunting gear in Germany/Switzerland/Austria to be pretty expensive, negligible savings.
    BRADS and ZG47 like this.

When I decided to buy my EL range binos I had a mate from Germany with me and he would have brought a pair while here also if they had been in stock.
    With the discount I get from my local H&F they were cheaper than he could get them in Germany or Austria and hes pretty well connected there !!!

A few years ago I went to the Swaro factory, prices were on par if not more expensive than NZ.

I think they have higher VAT so you might be able to claim it back at the airport tho?

Chris

Cool thanks guys i'll have a look but it sounds like it may not be worth it.

Just checked these out in Switzerland and no cheaper than back home bugger it. I was hoping for a bargain.

What prices have you got over here so far? I just got the zeiss rangefinder binos from the Sika show and happy with them so far. Might still go to the el or hd b down the track.

+1 prices in europe seem to ve higher than NZ.

Check before you go how to reckaim VAT. In past you needed specialforms for the sellr to complete at the time iof sale ( they are happy to do this). Then you need the item with you in carry on luggage and queue with receipts and forms at a customs office. Adds about an hour to predeparture time and doubles blood pressure but worthwhile fir a EUR1000 item as the refund covers GST you might have to pay on entry to NZ in theory.

If you can get the exact model you want thruogh the nz agent it will be cheaper.the only thing thats cheaper in germany is icebreaker clothes go figure.

Shopping overseas is a great experience. Good excuse to poke around, explore where you might not go, see how hunters are on another continent and maybe get a good souvenir of the trip. Id go for intersting clothes not optics

EL ranges were 4000 at the sika show
    #BallisticFists

Yea 3000 Swiss Franks over here so by the time you do the exchange rate and you get 165 Franks back you save bugger all.

@scoped I looked at them price was 4600 at the show. If they were 4k I would of brought a pair

Swarovski is Cheapest from Australia recently , then claim the gst back at the airport refund counter on your way out
    josh86 likes this.

Swarovski el range in Australia rrp for $3490au , after gst refund thats about $3172au which today my bank sas would cost me $3437nzd!!
    Plus I've seen them for less than that rrp in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by josh86 View Post
    @scoped I looked at them price was 4600 at the show. If they were 4k I would of brought a pair
    Incl return flights to Sydney on sale and get some there, will still end up close to 4k