Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Swiss Schmidt-Rubin K31 anyone got one ?

If you chaps are interested and live near Wellington there is a military auction on the 12th~13th July.

Item 1448 Schmit Rubin described as good condition. I dont know how reliable these are, but Ive never heard a bad word.

Item 1031 Ross straight pull, sporting config 303britsh, ex- NZ army. The Ross for one is complex and can need quite a bit of gunsmithing to keep A1 or cycles like a dog (jams).

If you want a highly accurate simple ex-mil gun I'd go Swede 6.5, brass is cheap(ish) and plentiful.

regards
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    If you chaps are interested and live near Wellington there is a military auction on the 12th~13th July.

Item 1448 Schmit Rubin described as good condition. I dont know how reliable these are, but Ive never heard a bad word.

Item 1031 Ross straight pull, sporting config 303britsh, ex- NZ army. The Ross for one is complex and can need quite a bit of gunsmithing to keep A1 or cycles like a dog (jams).

If you want a highly accurate simple ex-mil gun I'd go Swede 6.5, brass is cheap(ish) and plentiful.

regards
    Yeh, they have never been strong on their auction items descriptions! At 25" barrel length it should be a K31 - more desirable if wanting a shooter.
    Name:  1448.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  55.6 KB

Most of the damage to the woodwork came from them doing drill and smacking the rifle butt down against the side of their boot
    Some models even had a metal plate fitted to prevent damage.
    No warfare damage though..ha ha (I better not go any further, I have Swiss relies)

The serial number indicates that it was manufactured in 1957 so may not have seen much service as the STGW 57 came into service that year.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    If I'm home I'll look at the Ross...

sai have the k11 and the k31 well at least they did when I was in there last well over a year ago
    k11's were around the 400 mark but the k31's were more like 700 ish

I brought a mint k31 from them was bloody nice I was not thinking and sold her when I was poor one day will get another in November when I have spare cash

Smile

The non-common ex-mils I have seen examples of are often in lovely condition, so if you want one I'd suggest hanging around for a beaut and ignore rough/average ones unless very cheap. I dont recall the last K31's exact price but it looked A1 and I think it was circa $800~900.

Ross's might go quite cheap, their actions however are quirkly Im told, you could easily get a jammington.

I have some buys in my sights.....

Good luck!
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"