Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: T-eagle Scopes - Now Available for Pass-around

northdude
    because its always easier to sit there and bag instead of stepping up and doing it better

Give them there due and if you ae interested try one out the opportunity is there.

I'd be keen to put it in my scope jig alongside my Athelon Ares 4.5-47, PST Gen II 5-25 and Zeiss V4 6-24 to get a "real" comparison and test the turrets tracking.

Name:  scope jig_1.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  109.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimitsu View Post
    Back in April I posted a thread saying that I may be able to secure a scope for people to test/play/try out/fiddle with.

Several people have been supportive of the idea. Thank you all. At least one person was keen to have a go, Thank you Savage1.

I showed the owner of T-eagle, Mr Yang, our thread. I am not sure how much of it he understood but he was cool enough to send over, not one, but two scopes!

After a 6 week long journey at the sea, they have finally arrived at my office this week.

Without further ado, I introduce you:

IMAX 2-16 and Viper 5-20 FFP

The IMAX 2-16 is what I asked Mr Yang to send over. it is a 8x zoom scope using one ED glass.

The packaging is top class, nice cut out form that securely holds everything, the box and lay out is better than the other scopes I have owned.

Attachment 88647

Inside the package you have the scope, 2 x aluminium caps with magnetic lock, a huge piece of leaning cloth, sun shade and an allen key.

Attachment 88648

The scope itself is hefty (which I already knew reading the specs). Fit and Finish appear to be decent enough mid-class. knobs are sturdy and the click is audible.
    Attachment 88649
    Attachment 88650

It is cloudy today so I will be doing outdoor testing another time. Here is what I find:

1. the glass quality appears to be very good.
    2. the reticle is very fancy, which I already knew, but seeing it in real life is still a bit of wow for me.
    3. the turrets are push and pull type, which I already knew and that was nice enough. Unfortunately there is no revolution marking, so you do not know how many revolutions you have moved though unless you are counting it yourself.

Mr Yang has also sent me 2 x one piece ring set. the Viper FF weighs 992g with the rings and caps, the IMAX 2-16 weighs 982g with the rings and caps.

I will be updating this thread once I have done further testings. I am planning on doing 2 technical tests, fist will be to compare the image quality to a VX3 6-20, I will be taking through-the-lens photos so you guys can see the result. the second will be a tracking test, which I have explained here.

Mr Yang tells me that the Viper 5-20 FFP is a prototype. So for now I cannot send this out. The packaging is, again, top class.

Inside the package we got the scope, 2 x aluminium caps with magnetic lock sporting a snake emblem , a huge piece of leaning cloth, sun shade and a zoom lever.

Attachment 88651
    Attachment 88645

This scope is significantly longer than the 2-16, but not much heaiver. It has 4x more power, but only 4x zoom range.

Attachment 88652
    Attachment 88653

This scope is First Focal Plane, I have in the past played around with Vortex Viper 4 x 16 FFP but never owned or used one in the field. it will be interesting to play with this scope. The build of this scope is very similar to the IMAX 2-16.

If you are interested in having a play with The IMAX 2-16, please read the rules first and then talk to me.
    What is your thoughts on the Viper 5-20 FFP after some time? I am considering something like this for my plinking jw-15 .22

And, when I look on Aliexpress there are quite a number of sellers for these T-Eagle scopes. Which one is the official store?

Thanks for the reviews. It is very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What you see, is what you get!

A Better Lover Than A Shooter Ultimitsu's Avatar
    The version of Viper 5-20 I was sent is a prototype, it has some minor issues that the owner told me was ironed out in later version. As such I wont get into them.

The image quality is very good for a scope without a big brand. I think it does not have ED glass, but because it is only 4x zoom ratio and has a larger objective element, its image quality feels better than the IMAX. Brighter, slightly more contrasty and crispy.

The points worth noting of this scope are:
    1. the middle part of the scope (where the dials are) is quite big, some smaller one piece rings may not accommodate.
    2. the rear part of the scope is quite big, so that you may have to install the rings a little more forward than usual on the rails, otherwise the rear end sort of is too close to your head when you hold the rifle in normal shooting position.
    3. the side focus knob's surface is too smooth and the knob itself is quite stiff, making it a little harder to turn than ideal.

I have not tested tracking, or precision of the reticle markings. I can do that when I find time, . Or if you are keen you take it for a free trial yourself. Same process as as for the other scope.

The official store on Aliexpress is, I believ, Wojie optics. The NZD is unfortunately a bit weak right now, making the prices higher than last year.
    northdude likes this.

Banned
    It could have lenses like a jam jar and be bright pink for all I care. Wind the turrets in and out maximum to minimium a few dozen times while whacking it on the table in between. If the cross hairs don't break its a decent scope.