Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: t1X video

Ejected
    https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....tml#post671921

Post #111

This ChrisW character works for Beretta
    rossi.45 likes this.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    The price of the T1X will have to be reasonable as the vast majority of .22 users out there go for cheap. A friend recently bought a Weihrauch .22LR bolt action at a H&F store for $1000 - normal retail is $1295. Salesman said it had been sitting there for at least a year as just about all the .22LR rifles sold were Norinco's, 10/22's etc; occasionally a CZ for the more discerning customer but they were not that common. Most customers just weren't interested in quality .22's.

Most of us on a forum like this appreciate an accurate, well made .22LR but we are in the minority.

LOC
    What’s a new Sako Quad worth? Not the laminate version

The Weihrauch is a great rimfire, but you could use it as a boat anchor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i had a look at NZ prices of Sako Quads the other day . . . $2200 for the RANGE model & $1800 for a Finnfire2 . . . so $1099 for a Tikka isn't a surprise

worldwide i think Tikka will sell a heap of them . . . not to most shooters but to guys that will appreciate them.

i take my hate off to Tikka for the design/concept of this rifle . . . its cheaper than a Sako by a good margin & has features that are differeent enough from the Sako to round out the line of quality rimfires in the Beretta lineup, well done.
    LOC and ChrisW like this.
    without a picture . .. it never happened !

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi.45 View Post
    i had a look at NZ prices of Sako Quads the other day . . . $2200 for the RANGE model & $1800 for a Finnfire2 . . . so $1099 for a Tikka isn't a surprise

worldwide i think Tikka will sell a heap of them . . . not to most shooters but to guys that will appreciate them.

i take my hate off to Tikka for the design/concept of this rifle . . . its cheaper than a Sako by a good margin & has features that are differeent enough from the Sako to round out the line of quality rimfires in the Beretta lineup, well done.
    So why would you buy one? Don't you have a quad or two?
    This isn't me hating on them either, I think for the tikka boys it's a great option, just pure curiosity for buying something like that at that price point over the likes of CZ etc
    rossi.45 likes this.

LOC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    This isn't me hating on them either, I think for the tikka boys it's a great option, just pure curiosity for buying something like that at that price point over the likes of CZ etc
    If you are not into the CZ it can be a bit tricky buying around that price range. I ended up getting a wood T-Bolt last year ago as wanted something reasonably light to carry in the hand and felt the Finnfire/Quad option a bit pricey. Even though I’m not a Tikka fan boy I would have probably gone down that road. I’m just not that into the T-Bolt now I have it. Or maybe it’s just that a more expensive 22 just feels a bit pointless for what you want it for...
    Nibblet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    first off a small correction needed in my last post . . . i meant to say i take my hat off tikka, not hate . . . damm that auto spell check

i do have 2 Quads, with diffeerent stocks and barrels, probably sell one . . . . the main reason i like the Tikka is because its a full sized rifle, most rimfires feel sawed off to me.
    Nibblet likes this.

i still have to handle one and find the money before anything happens . . . could be awhile . . . plenty of time to see the reviews etc

this is where we differ @LOC
    Or maybe it’s just that a more expensive 22 just feels a bit pointless for what you want it for...

a quality firearm is just a pleasure to carry and use . . . going back to a cheaper rife would be the pits
    Last edited by rossi.45; 30-01-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    veitnamcam, LOC and ChrisW like this.

maybe they will drop in price after the initial fanfare dies down . . . or to many are sitting on dealers shelves for to long.

who knows . . no one can ever pick the winners in advance.

for $1499 this is a real jump in performance . . .

Name:  1516D-Beavertail-Sml.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  33.7 KB
    Anschutz 1416 D HB .22lr Beavertail
    Last edited by rossi.45; 01-02-2018 at 02:52 PM.

My view is probably a bit cynical but I still don't get how firearms are priced so expensive here in nz. Well I kinda do but I still think its excessive. T1x doesn't seem as bad as others. The more expensive the retail here the more overpriced I think firearms are compared to the US.
    MSRP on the T1x is $499, (wholesale and retail profit is already in the MSRP) convert that to nzd thats give or take $700.
    + some shipping....
    + some Import export paperwork.
    + the fluctuating exchange rate so more profit safety margin built in there.
    + GST
    That still doesn't get near the 1100nzd retail.
    Small market/buying power in nz aswell. I think thats probably the biggest factor.

But at the end of the day I would much rather pay that extra and live here than alot of other places in the world. So much we take for granted everyday.
    But hunting and shooting we have it reasonably good.
    Deer season is 365 days of the year in most parts on permitted doc land. No fee, No tags. Excluding balloted areas obviously.

I would love to get one but ill stick to my JW-15 until I have more disposable income, or they release a stainless one thats priced reasonable.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Most U.S. states have a sales tax too which has to be paid by the inhabitants of that state.

I think SS in a .22LR is not an big issue. The bore is pretty much protected from the lube on the bullets and it's not likely you'll be spending days walking through the mountains in wet weather. I've never understood people who manage to get surface rust on their .22LR's. Then I suppose, some people are just a rough on gear or plain too lazy to care for their firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget connaisseur View Post
    My view is probably a bit cynical but I still don't get how firearms are priced so expensive here in nz. Well I kinda do but I still think its excessive. T1x doesn't seem as bad as others. The more expensive the retail here the more overpriced I think firearms are compared to the US.
    MSRP on the T1x is $499, (wholesale and retail profit is already in the MSRP) convert that to nzd thats give or take $700.
    + some shipping....
    + some Import export paperwork.
    + the fluctuating exchange rate so more profit safety margin built in there.
    + GST
    That still doesn't get near the 1100nzd retail.
    Small market/buying power in nz aswell. I think thats probably the biggest factor.

But at the end of the day I would much rather pay that extra and live here than alot of other places in the world. So much we take for granted everyday.
    But hunting and shooting we have it reasonably good.
    Deer season is 365 days of the year in most parts on permitted doc land. No fee, No tags. Excluding balloted areas obviously.

I would love to get one but ill stick to my JW-15 until I have more disposable income, or they release a stainless one thats priced reasonable.
    In my experience the price hike comes from the importer, whether that's due to the importer slapping a huge mark up on products or costs them a lot to get products to NZ I don't know.
    I do know many items the price the shop owner pays the importer (so before mark up and GST) is more than USA retailers are selling products.
    So basically your local gun store would be better off buying a scope from Optics planet or SWFA rather than go through the NZ agent.

Ejected
    Granted larger companies will get better rates but it's not cheap when so many have a finger in the pie.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That makes sense being from the importer, they also carry the risk of holding the stock, warranties etc too. But i still think its excessive.
    Also most importers/agents have agreements with USA suppliers etc and also the USA agents will have agreements to only sell to their market.
    Local stores bypassing importers and sourcing their own supply is good for the customer but not good for making friends.

I think something similar happened with NZar15 was importing DPMS ar10s and selling them for 2k in A cat config a few years back. When everywhere else was around or over 3k if my memory is right.
    In NZar15s case, seems like there was no agent at the time?
    But his post gives you an idea on the pricing models.

nzar15.com
    4 September 2015 ·
    "Who can name the official NZ DPMS agent?

To shine a light on this bright spark in the industry heres a recap on our recent past selling DPMS in NZ

We are always looking for new products that we can introduce at the best price possible. The DPMS being the most affordable wholesaled AR in USA was a perfect fit. We thought Kiwis would enjoy a sharp price. So here is an accurate breakdown on the cost price of our DPMS Oracle AR15.

Cost price approx $US435 ($NZ674)
    Exporters fees & freight $US89 ($NZ138)
    GST $NZ122
    Customs clearance and exchange cost $NZ15
    Domestic Freight $NZ10
    NZ A Cat modifications $NZ135.
    Total NZ Cost Price $NZ1045.

We sold these for $NZ1399 which we thought was a reasonable price - $NZ354 margin or around 33%. Our strategy on pricing was that we could afford to come down more if competitors adjusted their price accordingly. We now see the competitors are meeting our price with the hideous thorsden stock models (which in our opinion have safety issues).

This is our breakdown on our DPMS AR10's

Cost price $US675 ($NZ1046)
    Exporters fees & freight $US89 ($NZ138)
    GST $NZ178
    Customs clearance and exchange cost $NZ15
    Domestic Freight $NZ10
    NZ A Cat modifications $NZ235.
    Total NZ Cost Price $NZ1622.

On these we had a $NZ377 margin or around 20%. As you can see our percentage margin on these is less but we wanted to give Kiwis the best priced AR10 ever (boy has that turned out to be true!).

Now back to our original question - who can name the NZ Agent. We'll give you a clue - DPMS is owned by Remington. Heres the funny part, Remington cant even name their own NZ agent. Google "Remington Firearms NZ". It states Thompson Walker, who were liquidated earlier this year - so it must be someone else? Our exporter performed due diligence attempting to establish a NZ agent before exporting - but there was none.

So when we priced the DPMS at what we thought were reasonable prices Remington USA got a flea in their ear from some unknown located at the bottom of the earth. Within the space of 12 hours exports were shut off. All this from an unknown NZ company to lazy to represent the DPMS brand here in a growing AR15 market, cant even be bothered with a website or even turn up to Sika Show to present the latest and greatest from Remington / DPMS.

I would hazard a guess that we probably sold more DPMS rifles in one week than the NZ agent (whoever that is) did in a year.

...and that is why we will no longer be selling DPMS."

But anyway, I do think Tikka are onto a good thing. I just hope the price comes down a little. Most CZ rimfire models seem to be 50-80 USD cheaper than the T1x.
    rossi.45 and ChrisW like this.