Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: t1X video

I think for $800 or $900 they'd be a good deal, anymore and I think they'd get lost in the market.
    For $800 I'd buy one too replace my CZ (if they turn out as good as expected), the 10 round almost flash mag would be great.

But at $1200+ I'd stick with my CZs and go for an Annie or Sako were I looking for something a bit nicer.
    And I'm a Tikka fanboy.

Ejected
    So @rossi.45 is that safe going to bulged a little more now at $1099??
    rossi.45 and ChrisW like this.

Central Otago - formally 30yrs in the Buller
    i think i need to buy another safe . . .

@Nibblet where did you get the price from ?
    Last edited by rossi.45; 30-01-2018 at 05:18 PM.
    without a picture . .. it never happened !

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi.45 View Post
    i think i need to buy another safe . . .
    3 birds, one stone

https://www.trademe.co.nz/home-livin...804635287b5d0a

Plastic
    Storage
    Cheaper

rossi.45 likes this.

Ejected
    https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....tml#post671921

Post #111

This ChrisW character works for Beretta
    rossi.45 likes this.

The price of the T1X will have to be reasonable as the vast majority of .22 users out there go for cheap. A friend recently bought a Weihrauch .22LR bolt action at a H&F store for $1000 - normal retail is $1295. Salesman said it had been sitting there for at least a year as just about all the .22LR rifles sold were Norinco's, 10/22's etc; occasionally a CZ for the more discerning customer but they were not that common. Most customers just weren't interested in quality .22's.

Most of us on a forum like this appreciate an accurate, well made .22LR but we are in the minority.
    "The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the ď.257 Bob.Ē I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal

LOC
    Whatís a new Sako Quad worth? Not the laminate version

The Weihrauch is a great rimfire, but you could use it as a boat anchor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i had a look at NZ prices of Sako Quads the other day . . . $2200 for the RANGE model & $1800 for a Finnfire2 . . . so $1099 for a Tikka isn't a surprise

worldwide i think Tikka will sell a heap of them . . . not to most shooters but to guys that will appreciate them.

i take my hate off to Tikka for the design/concept of this rifle . . . its cheaper than a Sako by a good margin & has features that are differeent enough from the Sako to round out the line of quality rimfires in the Beretta lineup, well done.
    LOC and ChrisW like this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi.45 View Post
    i had a look at NZ prices of Sako Quads the other day . . . $2200 for the RANGE model & $1800 for a Finnfire2 . . . so $1099 for a Tikka isn't a surprise

worldwide i think Tikka will sell a heap of them . . . not to most shooters but to guys that will appreciate them.

i take my hate off to Tikka for the design/concept of this rifle . . . its cheaper than a Sako by a good margin & has features that are differeent enough from the Sako to round out the line of quality rimfires in the Beretta lineup, well done.
    So why would you buy one? Don't you have a quad or two?
    This isn't me hating on them either, I think for the tikka boys it's a great option, just pure curiosity for buying something like that at that price point over the likes of CZ etc
    rossi.45 likes this.

LOC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    This isn't me hating on them either, I think for the tikka boys it's a great option, just pure curiosity for buying something like that at that price point over the likes of CZ etc
    If you are not into the CZ it can be a bit tricky buying around that price range. I ended up getting a wood T-Bolt last year ago as wanted something reasonably light to carry in the hand and felt the Finnfire/Quad option a bit pricey. Even though Iím not a Tikka fan boy I would have probably gone down that road. Iím just not that into the T-Bolt now I have it. Or maybe itís just that a more expensive 22 just feels a bit pointless for what you want it for...
    Nibblet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    first off a small correction needed in my last post . . . i meant to say i take my hat off tikka, not hate . . . damm that auto spell check

i do have 2 Quads, with diffeerent stocks and barrels, probably sell one . . . . the main reason i like the Tikka is because its a full sized rifle, most rimfires feel sawed off to me.
    Nibblet likes this.

i still have to handle one and find the money before anything happens . . . could be awhile . . . plenty of time to see the reviews etc

this is where we differ @LOC
    Or maybe it’s just that a more expensive 22 just feels a bit pointless for what you want it for...

a quality firearm is just a pleasure to carry and use . . . going back to a cheaper rife would be the pits
    Last edited by rossi.45; 30-01-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    veitnamcam, LOC and ChrisW like this.

Funny market that one, if I'm looking for a top end rimfire it's into semi-target category - Annie, Weihrauch etc. For a general purpose pest control tool that's going to get bounced, flogged and used like a tool you can't really go past the Norinco JW15 bolt guns or the 10/22 semi's (or Marlin for the guys that can't make the 10/22 work for them) so that mid-range section of the market for me is really not a place that holds any interest.

I've seen 10/22's that are absolutely worn out with bolt stop holes peened to ovals in the back of the receiver, barrels so swollen at the back from the bolt landing home that they needed to be pulled from the receiver using a press. The headspace on one was short enough to have the occasional slam fire, and another had a barrel with two bulges in it but they both were still doing the job. No idea how many crates of ammo that those guns would have seen but it would have been into the several hundred thousand at least. I can't quite see one of the new fangled T1's hanging in that long or hitting that market, but to be fair I've been wrong before!!!

probably a couple hundred to dear for blued barrel , maybe matt stainless for that money.probably buy a cz or ruger target for what I want at the moment . if tikka bring out a mini action for 223 / 6.5 Grendel action I would look at them then as would be good practise with same stock size between 22lr and small centre fire .

maybe they will drop in price after the initial fanfare dies down . . . or to many are sitting on dealers shelves for to long.

who knows . . no one can ever pick the winners in advance.

for $1499 this is a real jump in performance . . .

Name:  1516D-Beavertail-Sml.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  33.7 KB
    Anschutz 1416 D HB .22lr Beavertail
    Last edited by rossi.45; 01-02-2018 at 02:52 PM.